Requisition ID: 164600
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Client Service Officer is responsible for contributing to the Private Banking unit's overall success by providing superior service and administrative support to the Private Banking Sales Team. The incumbent possesses a thorough knowledge of the Bank's commercial and retail products and services and the primary focus is to assist with private banking client transactions, documentation, monitoring, compliance and ensuring established requirements are met to mitigate risk for the Bank. Key Accountabilities: 1. Provide superior service and support to the Private Banking Unit by:
2. Assist in ensuring the Bank's risk profile is mitigated by:
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Bank's Commercial and Retail Banking products and services in order to be positioned to meet Client's ongoing needs;
- Responding promptly and effectively to requests, concerns and complaints from clients, PB Sales Officers, PB Manager and Manager Client Service;
- Providing a high degree of service and support combined with innovative approaches to resolving Private Banking Client, Sales Officers, Centre or service issues while maintaining an overall low risk profile for the Bank;
- Taking full responsibility for all Client inquiries/concerns/complaints directed to him/her resolving those matters within their discretion to the client's satisfaction or by referring the client to the appropriate source, as set our in the Bank's Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures;
- Assisting PB Sales Officers in closing their sales by preparing documentation packages and performing accurate, complete and timely product set-ups for commercial and retail products, including retail credit product set-ups in the Term Lending System (TLS) as well as investment product set-ups in Investment Platform (IP);
- Assisting PB Sales Officers with preparation work for Annual Reviews.
- Ensuring all Business Authentication requirements are adhered to in order to protect the integrity of the Client and Bank information;
- Completion of any returns/reporting requirements accurately and submitting to the appropriate authority in a timely manner;
- Completing all function-specific documentation accurately as per Bank standards in order to protect both the organization and the Private Banking Unit;
- Providing timely and meaningful client information and/or analysis to Private Banking Sales Officers thereby facilitating the decision making process for risk management.
3. Contribute to the quality and efficiency of branch operations as well as compliance with regulatory and internal bank guidelines by:
- Adhering to cash, custody and security procedures and policies at all times;
- Adhering to position authorities and bank policies;
- Accurately processing daily transactions originated by Clients, management or a B/F system;
- Checking/authorizing transactions with approved limits;
- Executing necessary corrections as identified through exception reporting;
- Assisting with implementing changes to operation procedures and systems in order to increase efficiency and meet Bank regulations;
- Complying with regulatory requirements as part of the service process, including Know Your Client (KYC), Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC), Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF), Privacy and Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) requirements, processes and guidelines as well as SSI guidelines/processes;
- Immediately reporting/escalating fraudulent activities, unusual occurrences, issues/deficiencies/trends to the Manager Client Service, Private Banking Unit Head, Centre Director, National Private Banking Compliance Officer, and/or applicable Private Banking EO/Shared Services department, as appropriate;
- Identifying and referring to the appropriate sales officer existing and new business opportunities through his/her ongoing client contact;
- Ensure workstations and surrounding areas are organized and present a professional image
- The incumbent requires a high degree of client focus to deliver the standard for consistent delivery of the client experience. Previous Mid Office or Personal Banking Officer experience required.
- A thorough knowledge of the processes for administering financial products and services is required. Flexibility and strong organizational skills are required to adapt to a wide variety of tasks and functions, and to work effectively as a member of the Private Banking and SPCG teams.
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank's Commercial and Retail Banking products and services, policies and procedures;
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank's monitoring and compliance requirements including Anti-Money Laundering requirements through Know Your Client (KYC)
- Thorough knowledge of Scotia Service and Complaints Resolution Standards and Procedures;
- Working knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of other bank service and support functions crossing all delivery channels;
- Novice knowledge of risk analysis techniques and credit adjudication policies and processes as they apply to retail and conventional lending products;
- Novice knowledge of conventional commercial support platform tools and systems
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Microsoft Office Excel
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Victoria
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Compliance, Technical Support, Investment Banking, Bank, Banking, Legal, Technology, Finance
Banking, Finance and Insurance Customer Service and Support