Job Skills / Requirements POSITION:
Client Service Manager (Northern BC Branch)REPORTS TO:
Branch ManagerMISSION STATEMENT:
This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and all aspects of Paladin business within that portfolio. This includes not only being the main point of client contact, but also managing the security team that works within the portfolio. The Client Service Manager will regularly be meeting with clients and security staff to ensure that everyone's needs are met. Northern BC Branch Office is in Prince George, our portfolio covers from Quesnel-Prince George up north to Fort St. John, west to Prince Rupert. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with the clients in the portfolio.
- Supports Human Resources to ensure sufficient resources are available to meet the company's obligations.
- Performs interviews and meets all new staff being considered for sites within the portfolio.
- Ensures all staff within his/her portfolio has adequate training based on industry, corporate and client standards.
- Provides motivational and disciplinary discussions with all staff assigned within the portfolio as needed.
- Ensures all sites have up to date and complete Site Orders both in hard copy on site and in digital copy on the network server.
- Performs evaluations of staff assigned to sites on an as needed basis and in accordance with company policies.
- Ensures that there are thorough Site Training and Employee Orientation programs in place at all sites within the portfolio and that all newly-assigned staff demonstrates competence on site.
- Ensures that there are adequate numbers of trained security staff to meet all of Paladin's contractual obligations within the portfolio of business.
- Analyzes business margins on a contract by contract basis to ensure the portfolio of business remains profitable. Margins will be reviewed on a monthly basis at a minimum.
- Assists in negotiating billing rates with the clients in the portfolio to ensure they remain consistent with expected margins.
- Develops and maintains frequent security evaluations of client facilities and ensures appropriate recommendations are made to clients so that their security needs are met.
- Communicates appropriate information to Operations and/or the Field Manager as needed to ensure that any outstanding issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Monitors Incident Reports and takes appropriate action on the reports that are related to sites within the portfolio.
- Remains on-call to act as an after-hours resource for emergencies.
- Ensures the Human Resources Manager, Scheduling Manager, and the Senior Director are aware of the number and types of individuals needed at your sites to ensure overtime is kept to a minimum.
- Reports regularly to the Senior Director on matters of company or client interest or significant events.
- Ensures clients and tenants of the client are aware of and satisfied with the services provided and offered by the company.
- Develops and promotes Paladin's business where possible in a professional and positive manner.
- Monitors all accounts receivable of clients within the portfolio and assists accounting when needed to ensure all accounts are kept up to date.
- Ensures that all services provided by staff assigned within the portfolio are delivered in accordance with the client's wishes and best interests and in accordance with Paladin's Code of Ethics.
- Responds to communications from clients or staff in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as requested to assist with corporate and/or branch needs.
Education and Experience
Skills and Abilities
- Successful applicant must have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity, preferably in a Security setting, or a combination of experience and relevant experience and education.
- Applicants must also have a valid class 5 driver's license and a vehicle that will be used for work purposes.
- A diploma in Security Management, Criminology or related discipline would be an asset.
- The successful applicant will be willing to join industry professional associations and have a desire to learn through professional certification processes.
- Must have working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on building codes, security, and protection of privacy.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, delegate and problem solve.
- Proven ability to effectively supervise and manage people.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, including delivering presentations to groups.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in all situations.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Education Requirements (Any)
Certificate Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health and Safety (or related) field
Education in Law Enforcement or equivalent
Certification Requirements (All)
Do you have background in a law enforcement/security program?
Valid BC Security Licence
Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Branch Manager
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1