595 Burrard Street
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
We invite all experienced and aspiring First Nations / Métis / Inuit professionals to apply to roles featured on BMO's Indigenous Careers landing page, as well as all of those on BMO's Careers page.
Qualified First Nations / Métis / Inuit applicants applying through these postings will be considered for open job vacancies, where they exist, or added to our Indigenous Talent Network and matched to other upcoming opportunities.
This is part of BMO's ongoing commitment to Indigenous applicants. Our recruitment team will reach out to those selected for further consideration.
BMO Private Wealth is a multi-disciplinary wealth advisory team. We offer a comprehensive range of strategies and solutions in private banking, investment management, trusts, insurance, and financial planning. Our holistic, proactive approach helps affluent individuals and families achieve their wealth goals at all stages of their lives.
The Client Service Assistant supports one or more Investment Advisors (IAs) and IA Team and staff, and branch operations with day-to-day administration and provides exceptional client service to support achievement of business objectives.
- Coordinates marketing activities on behalf of the advisory team, including website, social media initiatives, client recognition for meaningful life events, and the planning of client events.
- Assists the advisory team in preparing for client meetings, including scheduling appointments.
- Handles clients' general day-to-day requests and inquiries including basic money movement (e.g., wires, transfers), technology issues, and account opening and update, and follows up in a timely and confidential manner.
- Generates reports and documents for IAs and clients as requested and processes items for client accounts and files.
- Maintains and organizes client database and client files.
- Ensures transactions and tasks are appropriately assigned to team members and completed.
- Provides team members with support on technology issues, use of new technology, and general inquiries and escalations related to policies, procedures, and processing.
- Gathers and distributes information on updates to training, guidelines, technology, and other business-related information.
- Develops rapport and instills confidence with the client to develop credibility and promote a positive client experience.
- Follows through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers' assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensure an effectively run branch.
- Protects the Bank's assets and clients' assets and complies with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements.
- Maintains the confidentiality of client and Bank information.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps; escalates as required.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Typically between 1 - 2 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of wealth management company and branch operations (e.g. client services, trust services, account transfers, etc.) is an asset
- Knowledge of operational aspects of traditional (stocks, bonds, money market, mutual funds) and non-traditional (managed and fee based) products is an asset
- Familiarity with technology applications and software used in the financial planning and investment industry.
- Successful completion of both the Canadian Securities Course and the Conduct and Practices Handbook exam will be required within 18 months from date of hire.
- Successful completion of 30-day BMO Nesbitt Burns Investment Representative Licensing Program.
- Basic specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
$35,000 - $43,500
The base salary represents BMO Financial Group's hiring range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as location, skills, experience, and qualification for the role. Salaries for parttime roles will be pro-rated based on number of hours regularly worked. Base salary is one component of BMO Financial Group's total compensation package for employees, which may include performance-based incentives, commissions or discretionary bonuses, as well as other perks and rewards. BMO also offers health insurance, tuition reimbursement, accident and life insurance, and retirement savings plans. To view more details of our benefits, please visit: Total Rewards We're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians