The Clerk IV, Accounts Payable prepares invoices for payment through methods such as reviewing vendor invoices, purchase orders, expense claims, travel advances and prepaid expense requests for accuracy, determining Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) payable and applying the appropriate rebates. The Clerk IV keeps vendor accounts up-to-date by following up on any outstanding invoices, credits or internal documents. Prepares period-end and year-end accruals and responds to internal and external queries related to vendor accounts, employee expense claims and disbursement related queries.What you'll do
- Assemble invoices and expense reports into batches, enter invoices, expense reports and cheque requisitions into computerized financial system and balance dollar amount totals to control totals listed in the reports generated by the system. Trace reasons for discrepancies to ensure payable amounts entered in the system are correct and updates discrepancies if needed.
- Prepare invoices for cheque, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or P-Card payments by performing duties such as:
• Matching invoices (manually and electronically) to purchase orders, receiving reports (manually and electronically) and related documents, following up with respective departments and/or vendors to gather/obtain missing documentation/information.
• Ensuring adequate approval for all non-purchase order related invoices and expense claims as established by signing authority guidelines and circulating documents to appropriate signing officers to obtain relevant coding and approval for processing invoices and expense claims.
• Checking extensions on manually written invoices/expense claims.
• Determining when items are zero rated or fully taxable and when they are subject to rebates or input tax credits by applying applicable tax legislation; determines level of rebate for each item.
• Reviewing the appropriateness of account coding to invoices and assigns revised coding if necessary.
- Identify invoice and purchase order discrepancies through methods such as reviewing error reports. Trace reasons for discrepancies, prepare adjustment information such as journal entries and debit and credit vouchers to rectify discrepancies. Notify discrepancies to Supervisor, Accounts Payable for sign-off and approval.
- Follow-up with various departments and vendors regarding disputed vendor accounts, pricing problems, unmatched documents and missing or incorrect receipts/back-up documents. Contact appropriate department, staff and vendor to rectify accounts, statements and discrepancies. Draft communication by e-mail or fax to resolve issues.
- Respond to queries (by phone, e-mail and fax) from vendors, staff and departments regarding payment of invoices, travel expenses, assignment of taxes payable and application rebates or input tax credits and other related queries.
- Create and edit recurring vouchers for payment.
- Reconcile vendor accounts and statements. Follow-up with vendors to resolve invoicing issues pertaining to charges to incorrect health authorities.
- Forward all back up (invoices/expense reports/cheque requisitions) for cheques and EFT to Clerk V, Accounts Payable for review, approval and sign-off.
- Notify the Clerk V, AP that a stop payment of a lost or stolen cheque is required based on communication with the vendor/employee and a review of the system verifying that an expected payment was not received by vendor/employee.
- Prepare wire transfers for payments to international vendors.
- Initiate period accruals by methods such as completing accrual forms and journal correcting entries and forwarding to designated staff for approval and input into the General Ledger.
- Separate invoices received for processing for team members desk when they are on leave and forwards it to team for entry.
- Participate in HSSBC inter-departmental group discussions, including but not limited to representatives from Finance and Supply Chain Management (SCM) to review procedural issues, vendor relations and other issues related to disbursements and payment processing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Manager, Accounts Payable
- Grade 12
- Successful completion of a recognized accounting course and two years' recent related experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What's in it for you?
- Keyboard 45 w.p.m.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
- Be part of a driven and supportive team that is passionate about providing exceptional service.
- Be a valued team member in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Work for an organization that encourages ongoing professional development.
- Enjoy diverse responsibilities.
1795 Willingdon Avenue, BurnabyClosing date:
Open until filledHours of work:
07:30 - 15:30, Monday through Friday, days and hours of work will varyReference number:
091812EWhat we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and strive to create a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Labor Agreement Facilities Subsector Requisition # 091812E-2337266 Work Site 1795 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby Job Type Casual, Part-Time Salary/Rate $22.89 / Hour FTE .00 Hours of Work 07:30 - 15:30 Work Days Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Expiry Date 30-Apr-2020