As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Clerk IV, Accounts Payable prepares invoices for payment through methods such as reviewing vendor invoices, purchase orders, expense claims, travel advances and prepaid expense requests for accuracy, determining Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) payable and applying the appropriate rebates. The Clerk IV keeps vendor accounts up-to-date by following up on any outstanding invoices, credits or internal documents. Prepares period-end and year-end accruals and responds to internal and external queries related to vendor accounts, employee expense claims and disbursement related queries.What you'll do
What you bring
- Assembles invoices and expense reports into batches, enters invoices, expense reports and cheque requisitions into computerized financial system and balances dollar amount totals to control totals listed in the reports generated by the system. Traces reasons for discrepancies to ensure payable amounts entered in the system are correct and updates discrepancies if needed.
- Prepares invoices for cheque, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or P-Card payments.
- Matching invoices (manually and electronically) to purchase orders, receiving reports (manually and electronically) and related documents, following up with respective departments and/or vendors to gather/obtain missing documentation/information.
- Ensuring adequate approval for all non-purchase order related invoices and expense claims as established by signing authority guidelines and circulating documents to appropriate signing officers to obtain relevant coding and approval for processing invoices and expense claims.
- Checking extensions on manually written invoices/expense claims.
- Determining when items are zero rated or fully taxable and when they are subject to rebates or input tax credits by applying applicable tax legislation; determines level of rebate for each item.
- Reviewing the appropriateness of account coding to invoices and assigns revised coding if necessary.
- Identifies invoice and purchase order discrepancies through methods such as reviewing error reports. Traces reasons for discrepancies, prepares adjustment information such as journal entries and debit and credit vouchers to rectify discrepancies. Notifies discrepancies to Supervisor, Accounts Payable for sign-off and approval.
- Follow-ups with various departments and vendors regarding disputed vendor accounts, pricing problems, unmatched documents and missing or incorrect receipts/back-up documents. Contacts appropriate department, staff and vendor to rectify accounts, statements and discrepancies. Drafts communication by e-mail or fax to resolve issues.
- Responds to queries (by phone, e-mail and fax) from vendors, staff and departments regarding payment of invoices, travel expenses, assignment of taxes payable and application rebates or input tax credits and other related queries.
- Creates and edits recurring vouchers for payment.
- Reconciles vendor accounts and statements. Follows-up with vendors to resolve invoicing issues pertaining to charges to incorrect health authorities.
- Forwards all back up (invoices/expense reports/cheque requisitions) for cheques and EFT to Clerk V, Accounts Payable for review, approval and sign-off.
- Notifies the Clerk V, AP that a stop payment of a lost or stolen cheque is required based on communication with the vendor/employee and a review of the system verifying that an expected payment was not received by vendor/employee.
- Prepares wire transfers for payments to international vendors.
- Initiates period accruals by methods such as completing accrual forms and journal correcting entries and forwarding to designated staff for approval and input into the General Ledger.
- Separates invoices received for processing for team members desk when they are on leave and forwards it to team for entry.
- Participates in HSSBC inter-departmental group discussions, including but not limited to representatives from Finance and Supply Chain Management (SCM) to review procedural issues, vendor relations and other issues related to disbursements and payment processing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Manager, Accounts Payable
What we bring
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized accounting course and two years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard 45 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
$23.81/hour + benefits (if over 6 months)
1795 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby BC V5C 6E3
Hours of Work:
121089EWhat we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.