As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city-and their careers-forward. Build a City. Build a Future
at the City of Surrey.
Union - CUPE Local 402 - Regular Full-Time
Surrey Parks, Recreation & Culture is looking for an energetic and self-motivated Clerk 3 to join the Community and Recreation Services team. The position assists in providing operational support and leadership to an auxiliary staff team as well as ensuring the Parks, Recreation and Culture Call Centre is organized, responsive, and operates with a customer-service focus.
This customer service oriented individual will have demonstrated initiative, teamwork, communication and problem solving skills. This individual will be opened to innovation and learning new technology to foster efficiency in daily Parks, Recreation & Culture Call Centre operations. This position also plays a key role to ensure call takers have relevant knowledge, skill and abilities to perform their duties.
- Have good judgment and decision making.
- Have experience with CLASS registration system, payment balancing, payroll, staff scheduling and customer account problem solving.
- Have a working knowledge of COSMOS and Cityworks as it pertains to Parks Service Requests.
- Completion of grade 12.
- Several courses in word processing.
- Knowledgeable with current office practices, PC office applications.
- At least two years' experience and training in an office environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Make independent judgment in performing the duties of the position.
- Good interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Accurate typing speed of 45 w.p.m.
Conditions of Employment
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
This job will be posted until April 24, 2019
Our Values Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community