As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city-and their careers-forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey Scope
Working in conjunction with the Planning and Development department, as well as the Surrey Fire Services Community Risk Reduction officers, you will assist with the administrative work of identifying and addressing fire safety issues at properties throughout the community.Employment Status
Union - CUPE Local 402 - AuxiliaryResponsibilities
- You will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, as well as understand and effectively carry out oral and written instruction.
- You have basic knowledge of filing, indexing methods and record keeping, computer office applications and have good keyboard skills.
- You have good interpersonal, customer service and public relation skills and are able to perform clerical tasks according to department rules and procedures.
- You have completed Grade 12, supplemented by courses in word processing, office practices and PC office applications with a minimum of 1 year experience and training in an office environment.
- An accurate typing speed of 45 wpm is a must.
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
Applicants under consideration will be required to provide proof of qualifications and consent to an Police Information Check. www.surrey.ca/careers