As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city-and their careers-forward. Build a City. Build a Future
at the City of Surrey.
Union - CUPE Local 402
Working in conjuction with the Planning and Development department, as well as the Surrey Fire Services Community Property Safety Team, you will assist with the adminsitrative work of identifying and addressing distressed properties throughout the community.
As the ideal candidate you will be involved in sorting, checking and maintaining office records such as files, reports, field sheets' and schedules. You will be performing data collection and entry as well as preparing basic correspondence. You may also be performing related duties as required, including answering the telephone, responding to emails and referring persons to appropriate departmental staff.
- You will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, as well as understand and effectively carry out oral and written instruction.
- You have basic knowledge of filing, indexing methods and record keeping, computer office applications and have good keyboard skills.
- You have good interpersonal, customer service and public relation skills and are able to perform clerical tasks according to department rules and procedures.
- You have completed Grade 12, supplemented by courses in word processing, office practices and PC office applications with a minimum of 1 year experience and training in an office environment.
- An accurate typing speed of 45 wpm is a must.
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
Conditions of Employment
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
This job will be posted until June 27, 2019.
Our Values Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community