The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position. Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Clinic Administration, the position provides clerical support services to a multi-disciplinary team including transcribing medical dictation such as physician's reports; providing reception services, operating a multi-line switchboard, entering information and mainlining data utilizing spreadsheet and database software; and typing a variety of non-technical material utilizing word processing software. The Clerical Support maintains schedules and client charts, arranges meetings and types minutes as requested and performs a variety of other clerical duties as requested.PHSA Corporate - Talent on Demand Clerical Support
#TOD061219 Casual Start Date:
ASAP - Must be available immediately Kamloops, BCDuties/Accountabilities:
- Transcribes a variety of medical dictation including correspondence and reports to Court, Review Board, and all clinical reports, notes and correspondence according to pre-set format, protocols and deadlines by methods such as typing material from Dictaphone or handwritten notes and editing output for accuracy; forwarding completed documents to designated team members according to departmental procedures and making corrections as requested; and forwarding completed and signed reports to appropriate Court Registries and other outside agencies. Enters data into typing log in order to track completed reports.
- Provides reception services by methods such as operating a multi-line reception switchboard, ascertaining nature of business, responding to inquiries, taking/relaying messages and/or redirecting callers to appropriate personnel, providing basic information regarding the Service mandate, greeting and responding to all clients and visitors arriving at the Clinic, and directing and notifying the appropriate staff of their presence. Documents information on client files such as when a client requests to change their appointment time or if a community member phones to provide information on a client.
- Processes referrals and enters client data into computer systems, databases and other software programs under the direction of the Supervisor according to established procedures by methods such as issuing client identification numbers; ensuring that necessary documentation is provided and notifying referral source of any deficiencies; and identifying duplicate records, obtaining or clarifying missing or questionable information, and correcting errors and omissions in client demographic data, into computer systems.
- Maintains client charts according to established procedures by performing duties such as receiving documentation, creating clinical records using appropriate forms/layout, and ensuring material is labeled with patient information; checking charts for loose papers and monitoring documents including progress notes and medication orders for completeness, signature and dates and returning items with outstanding items to appropriate staff member; thinning clinical records, filing documents into relevant sections, replacing or repairing old/damaged charts, and completing the clinical record upon discharge and ensuring all records are assembled. Coordinates and prepares client charts for off-site storage. Initiates retrieval requests and organizes the return of records to storage.
- Maintains schedules and performs event and program tracking by methods such as logging into and reviewing electronic calendars/schedules, monitoring upcoming deadlines and appointment dates including court assessments and Review Board, and providing reminders to applicable staff as appropriate.
- Types a variety of non-technical material such as general correspondence, forms, lists, memorandums, and notes from handwritten draft or Dictaphone by methods such as utilizing word processing software and distributing material as required.
- Arranges meetings as directed by booking meeting rooms, typing and circulating notices and agendas. Records minutes of meeting, transcribes and distributes.
- Maintains records, data, rosters and other information by methods such as entering data into spreadsheets and databases, updating information, clarifying information with Supervisor, and distributing as requested.
- Maintains supplies such as stationary, office and client supplies by identifying depleting stocks drafting orders for approval of supplies and maintaining an inventory of stock predetermined levels. Arranges for repair and maintenance of office equipment and furniture as necessary.
- Receives requests for information under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and forwards to the appropriate staff member.
- Ensures a safe and healthy working environment by removing obvious hazards; reporting faulty equipment, accidents, injuries and near misses; and adhering to and enforcing rules regarding safety.
- Performs a variety of clerical functions such as operating a facsimile and/or photocopier, and distributing information as requested; establishing and maintaining sensitive and confidential files and filing system, and pulling files and documents as requested; and processing incoming and outgoing departmental mail, sorting incoming material for the attention of appropriate personnel, and arranging for courier pick-up and delivery.
- Participates in team meetings and contributes to on-going team planning, development, evaluation and quality improvement activities that facilitate team goal setting, problem solving, conflict resolution and collaboration by attending meetings and in-services, participating in the review of team policies and procedures, providing input/recommendations to the Supervisor and/or Regional Clinic Manager and other team members regarding efficiency of processes/procedures relating to work duties with a view to ensuring streamlined, effective and client/family-centred practices.
Qualifications:Education, Training and Experience:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12, graduation from an approved program in medical transcription and one (1) years recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard at 60 wpm
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now"
button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.