This position is part of PHSA Talent on Demand - an in-house recruitment service providing talent to PHSA and other healthcare authorities. We manage a robust talent pool of service-minded professionals who are available to start work immediately. Talent on Demand creates a gateway for those who wish to achieve their career goals. Successful candidates will gain significant health care experience and can transition into long-term, permanent roles within PHSA. We hire for Administration, Clerical, Data entry, Project Coordinators, Business Analysts, Project Managers and so much more. For more information: email@example.com
Clerical Support/Data EntryTalent on DemandVancouver BCASAP Start
In joining Talent on Demand it will offer you to get your foot in the door into PHSA and you'll experience the fast pace of health care and more importantly it can offer you the ability to develop and build a career. New grads are welcome!What you'll do
What you bring
- Prepare, code and enter patient data into computer; issue new patient identification number where required and identify duplicate record problems and correct errors
- Obtain or clarify missing or questionable information by contacting appropriate areas and enter missing or corrected information into computer system.
- Compare duplicated documents and perform merges by either adding or deleting appropriate data.
- Answering general calls providing information , customer service abilities
- Maintain manual files such as cards and slides, and perform associated manual clerical duties when necessary. Respond to routine correspondence and verbal enquiries from medical personnel regarding patient information according to established procedures.
- Prepare documents for mailing by labelling and processing through a folder and inserter machine.
- Sort, retrieve, jacket, and file material such as slides, documents and reports.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What's in it for you
- Grade 12, data entry and one year's recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard at 40 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.Job type
Casual Full Time Hours
Hours of work
08:00 - 16:00
TOD07212021What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.