Targa Contracting (2013) Ltd is looking for a Civil Superintendent
Targa was recognized by Canadian Business Magazine as one of the top 500 fastest growing companies in Canada with a 400% growth over the last 5 years, prior to Covid. Covid 19 stalled our growth but we have been able to adapt and maintain our previous years sales and expect to grow again in 2021. We have changed our core focus to primarily public infrastructure thereby relying upon upgrades and replacement of failing utilities to ensure our revenues are maintained and keep our people working.
Targa has always put out employees first and have created incentives to reward their loyalty to the team. We are always ready to explore new ideas and innovations.
Targa has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Superintendent to join our team! We are looking for an individual with extensive experience in all aspects of heavy civil construction with a focus in underground utility installations. You will be at the top of a young, energetic field team with the full support of experienced estimators/project manager who will make your job easier. We lead at the management level by consensus where you will be an active participant. This is a senior position reporting to the Operations Manger whereby you will assume responsibility of all filed operations and be capable of managing up to 4 crews over multiple projects.
Targa offers better than union wages and comparative benefits. We encourage and compensate our staff for self development programs and offer other incentives to encourage growth. No outoftown work and very few weekends.
We fully understand the importance of life balance and ensure fair distribution of the workload. If you want a rewarding career, we expect to deliver on that commitment.
- Knowledge of contract documents, obligations and project needs,
- Direct Crew employees and subcontractors on site,
- Ensure labour, equipment, materials and sub-contractors are on site when necessary in order to perform the work,
- Report various filed information including, employee time, productivity, quantities and materials deliveries to the project manager.
- Notify the project manager when issues arise such as, conflict in drawings, extra work may be performed, of changing/unforeseen conditions are revealed.
- Ensure that the construction crews or sub-contractors perform work in accordance to contract drawings and specifications.
- Ensure materials, equipment and labour are utilized most efficiently and effectively
- Ensure that deliveries to site are complete and in accordance with materials ordered
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly safety meetings and inspections
- Ensure all employees are working in accordance with corporate and other governing safe work policies and procedures
- Organize necessary tools for the days work at the beginning of the shift
- Assist field staff as or where needed,
- Ensure that all open excavation, manholes etc. are adequately barricaded, and no tools are left out
- Ensure your foreman is always on site, confined spaces has adequate training, safety protocols are up to date ETC
- Accurately review or complete daily field reports (DFR) showing all hours for crew under appropriate cost codes, as well as all materials delivered to sing, and showing daily productions.
- Proficient knowledge of road and underground utility construction techniques
- Proficient knowledge of construction materials and supplies
- Proficient knowledge of engineering standards and specifications
- Proficient knowledge of Health and Safety
- A valid BC driver’s license (class 5) and own transportation is required,
- Be willing to participate in corporate sponsored self-improvement programs,
- Be safety orientated, self-motivated and work well with others,
- Ability to work with minimal supervision,
- Ability to communicate effectively,
- Ability to work well with others.
Compensation is dependent on experience and job fit.
Expected to start date: ASAP
Construction, Mining and Trades