You are a Civil Quality Inspector, with exposure to major industrial and infrastructure projects. You will play a key role in the successful delivery of the project. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions. Working on the high-profile Transmountain Expansion Project based in the lower mainland, this opportunity will give you the chance to work on a career defining, long-term project.
Join the Ledcor team in Burnaby today!
- Perform field inspections; including concrete, piling, structural erection and earthworks
- Complete pre-pour and in-process inspections relating to concreting activities
- Witness, monitor and inspect piling installations
- Review inspection and testing results for conformity to requirements
- Collaborate with Operations and provide input on the Quality requirements for the development of Detailed Execution Plans; clearly identifying the required inspections, hold points, tests and required documentation
- Understand and interpret applicable contract documents, codes of construction and regulatory standards
- Presents information clearly and in appropriate style and makes technical information clear
- Schedules inspection and testing resources to support the requirements of operations
- Ensures all Inspection and Testing equipment is managed in accordance with the equipment calibration requirements
- Ensure non-conforming work is being managed in accordance with the project quality issues reporting procedure
- Monitors the project schedule to ensure inspection and testing activities are completed to support operations requirements
- Manage and maintain Quality Document Logs
- Understands the tools and techniques used in basic cause analysis and supports operations on working through root cause analysis and corrective actions for non-conformities
- Provides training informal/formal on Project requirements as they relate to background of expertise
- Effectively communicates revisions to drawings, codes, and/or specifications
- Reviews, reports and acts on performance metrics
Additional Information: Company Description
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of codes and standards, regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- 4+ years' quality coordinator experience in a construction environment is required
- Exposure to coordinating inspections of offsite suppliers and subcontractors is essential
- Strong computer background, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A positive and team-oriented approach to work
- Dependable and trustworthy
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging. Date Posted
Jul 19, 2021
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada