Targa Contracting (2013) Ltd is looking for experienced Pipelayers to join our team.
Targa was recognized by Canadian Business Magazine as one of the top 500 fastest growing companies in Canada with a 400% growth over the last 5 years, prior to Covid. Covid 19 stalled our growth but we have been able to adapt and maintain our previous years sales and expect to grow again in 2021. We have changed our core focus to primarily public infrastructure thereby relying upon upgrades and replacement of failing utilities to ensure our revenues are maintained and keep our people working.
Targa has always put out employees first and have created incentives to reward their loyalty to the team. We are always ready to explore new ideas and innovations.
Targa offers better than union wages and comparative benefits. We encourage and compensate our staff for self development programs and offer other incentives to encourage growth. No out of town work and very few weekends.
We fully understand the importance of life balance and ensure fair distribution of the workload. If you want a rewarding career, we expect to deliver on that commitment.
We offer excellent wages, benefits, and work hard at making Targa a great place to work.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Pipelayers are responsible for installing underground pipes needed by infrastructure projects. Pipes may be made of PVC, steel, clay, cast iron or concrete (may be reinforced). Pipes are for electrical, water supply, sewerage and storm water.
- Installs electrical, water, sanitary sewer and storm water collection systems and related construction duties
- Installs all classes of pipe, manholes & hydrants
- Performs all installations with exceptional workmanship
- Provide construction direction and training to labourers
- Cut and bevel pipe ends (PVC and Ductile Iron)
- Assemble and install shoring or trench cages in excavations as required
- Ensures that all open excavations, manholes, and equipment are adequately delineated and barricaded
- Check with supervisors, before work commences, that BC One Call has been notified, and all other utilities in the area have been contacted, and all services have been located
- Attend and participate in all tailgate meetings, topics, concerns
- Abide by the requirements contained in the Targa Contracting (2013) Ltd. safety manual and governing safe work procedures
- Ensure all small tools are properly maintained and stored
- Inspect the site at the end of the shift to make sure tools are properly stored
- Organize necessary construction tools for the next days’ work
- Ensure that all construction equipment that is not functioning properly is reported & tagged out
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in BC’s civil construction industry field is required
- Be physically able to: lift up to 50lbs, bend and crouch for extended periods of time, climb in and out of trenches and up and down ladders
- Have a thorough knowledge of pipe types and fittings
- Have a thorough understanding of aggregate properties and compaction methods
- Have a good understanding in shoring requirements for excavations
- A valid BC driver's license (class 5) and own transportation is required
- Be able to safely operate company vehicles
- Be willing to participate in corporate sponsored self-improvement programs
- Be safety orientated, self-motivated and work well with others
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work well with others
Compensation is dependent on experience and job fit.
Expected start date: 2021-04-08
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00-$42.00 per hour
Construction, Mining and Trades