is currently seeking for an experienced Professional Civil / Municipal Engineer
for our Transportation and Infrastructure group. This position is based in our Smithers office, reporting to the Branch Manager, Infrastructure. This position will be responsible to work on municipal projects with a focus on public and private clients involving water and wastewater systems, storm water management, municipal roads, and land development.
This is your opportunity to join a premier consulting firm in a location with affordable housing, short commute, and world class outdoor adventure opportunities right from your doorstep. The Town of Smithers
is a community in northern British Columbia with a population of 5,500 people. Smithers
offers outstanding outdoor recreational pursuits during all phases of the year. This includes fishing and hunting, downhill and cross-country skiing, golfing, snowmobiling, canoeing, and kayaking and many more. Coupled with a lively music scene, Art Gallery, Museum, theatrical performances and an energetic sporting community, Smithers
has something for everyone. Affordable housing prices and short commutes leave the time and money available to enjoy the lifestyle.The location for this role is Smithers. We welcome applicants from across Canada; relocation assistance to Smithers will be considered.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Preliminary and detailed design of civil works for roads, subdivisions, water supply systems, sanitary sewers, and stormwater systems including linear works, valves chambers, and pump stations
- Construction services including site field reviews/reporting and MMCD contract administration
- Client management
- Proposal development
- Other duties as assigned
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university
- Progressive experience with a mix of design, project management and construction experience
- Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration in EGBC is required
- Experience in construction management, production of contract documents, and the contract
- Previous success in customer services, client management and proposal/report writing
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills
Expected Salary (all locations): $53,900 - $91,700
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.