The Civil General Superintendent, is recognized as an authority across the Ledcor organization and among external clients, is responsible for the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations within the branch by establishing and monitoring performance targets for projects and staff.
As the Civil General Superintendent, you will lead a team of superintendents on various earthworks and infrastructure scopes, ensuring company policies and procedures for safety, scheduling, budget, quality control and client satisfaction are met, while using industry knowledge and experience to drive long-term objectives.
Working on the high-profile Transmountain Expansion Project based in the lower mainland, this opportunity will give you the chance to work on a career defining, long-term project.
Bring your extensive construction experience to this impactful leadership role at Ledcor and join our True Blue team today in Burnaby. Essential Responsibilities
- Promotes the overall site safety program including subcontractor compliance with Ledcor standards, the Project Specific Safety Plan, and all applicable OH&S acts, regulations, and codes
- Works collaboratively with safety personnel to ensure adherence to Ledcor's Corporate safety programs and policies
- Oversees and manages multiple superintendents to ensure the successful delivery of various complex civil and infrastructure scopes to completion
- Ensures that superintendents are equipped with the resources required to efficiently complete projects according to approved plans, specifications and applicable building codes while ensuring that safety regulations are strictly followed
- Actively participates in the preconstruction process regarding site layout, logistics, scheduling and workforce planning
- Ensures all projects follow Ledcor's Construction Operations Manual and Construction Quality Program (CQP)
- Participates in the hiring and managing of hourly employees as required to complete projects, and maintains, approves and submits hourly time cards with all necessary details for job costing purposes
- Participates in strategic planning meetings with other disciplines and management to coordinate the movement of superintendents and hourly site staff (both Foreman and trades) to other scopes and segments of the project as required.
- Maintains strong relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and clients/consultants to ensure client needs are met.
- Supports and promotes Ledcor's core values of safety, quality, integrity, sustainability and success
- 10+ years of construction experience in a strategic or direct management role with demonstrated ability to successfully lead a high-performing team and build solid long-term relationships with external clients and consultants
- Combination of work experience in a similar role and industry related trade certification / education
- Expertise in the area of safety within the organization and knowledge of OH&S and Environmental standards and regulations
- Familiarity with utility works, excavation, sheet piling, access construction, street/curb and gutter restoration, traffic detour flips, and clearing a strong asset
- Superior communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the ability to work with senior management
- Excellent organizational, planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and ensure that business outcomes are being achieved
- Strong technical knowledge of modern construction practices, documents, drawings, schedules, technologies, equipment, industry practices and contract negotiations
- Ability to coach and develop team members through constructive feedback and providing opportunities for development
- Ability to anticipate problems and challenges, while providing leadership in creating innovative solutions to achieve organizational objectives
Additional Information: Company Description
- This role is local to Burnaby, BC
- 5 days on, 2 days off rotation
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging. Date Posted
Aug 23, 2021
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada