A day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
- Support senior engineers with heavy rail related engineering drawings, contract documents, quantity/cost calculations, and coordination tasks;
- Work with tight schedules, be flexible, and maintain a very high quality for all assigned work;
- Support project tasks, based on an understanding of the project scope, schedule, and budget, under the direction of Project Managers and Coordinators;
- Complete training tasks to improve understanding of railway components and networks;
- Assist with report writing;
- Assist with other transit related projects;
- Perform general office duties, such as assisting with the preparation of proposals and reports;
- Some field work may be required; and
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Enrolled in a CivilEngineering Co-op or Internship program;
- Excellent academic record;
- Excellent technical, analytical writing, and presentation skills;
- MS Office and computer skills with respect to technical analysis (i.e. AutoCAD and Civil3D) will set you apart from your peer group;
- Great communication skills, both verbally and written;
- Have shown initiative, ambition, and interest by participating in student clubs, extra-curricular events, or volunteer work.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians