Installation of water, sewer and storm main piping and associated services, manholes and testing. Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of project specifications in order to plan procedure for pipe installations sequencing.
- Plan procedures for pipe installations sequencing.
- Take direction from superintendent.
- Read plan, survey grade sheets, and grade stakes.
- Complete tasks in a safe manner following and enforcing safety regulations, the company’s policies and procedures.
- Regularly inspect work to ensure all specifications are met.
- Ensure site cleanliness is maintained
- Working in trenches excavations and manholes.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Work with Safety Department to investigate damage, incidents or near misses in the work site, and ensure proper procedures are caries out according to the Company’s Safety Program.
- Work in a safe responsible manner to not intentionally or unintentionally injure oneself or endanger the wellbeing of others.
- Participate as a vital team member, and contribute towards the success of the organization, which may involve the provision of other technical and administrative support as required.
- Promote a team approach and maintain dialogue with all employees to exchange information and gather ideas.
- Collaborate with any project teams on other special initiatives, as required.
Education, training and Certifications:
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license or equivalent;
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- 3 or more years of civil construction experience.
- 2 or more years experience in water, sewer, and storm main piping.
- Operating Heavy Equipment
- Understanding of cost management processes, planning and scheduling
- Experience and understanding of the technical nature of each project type. (water, sewer, storm, hydro)
- Able to understand blueprints to determine locations and formation of pipe.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Basic Mathematical Skills
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Accountability and dependability
- Commitment to ethics and integrity
- Accomplish goals in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- High energy and ability to manage stress
- Out of town travel may be required.
- Overtime as required.
- Work is performed in a out door setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment is required.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- We provide a competitive wage and benefits package, and a positive team environment.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibility’s, duties, and skills required. Personnel may be required to preform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We appreciate everyone who applied, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Construction, Mining and Trades