Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Chronic Disease Registered Nurse in our Primary Health Care - CARES Initiative located at Jim Pattison Outpatient Care & Surgery Centre (JPOCS).
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Participating as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Planning, developing and evaluating individualized care plans
- Enhancing patient self-management of diabetes and co-morbidities through teaching, individual counselling and group facilitation
- Promoting and assisting healthy lifestyle adjustments
- Participating and providing input into clinical case reviews, program development and evaluation, education materials and delivery
- Acting as a resource to health care providers and providing information sessions
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing
- Two (2) years' recent related clinical experience assessing and treating patients with diabetes within a chronic disease management framework including supporting self management
- Accreditation as a certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
This role is a casual position located at Jim Pattison Outpatient & Care Centre in Surrey, BC. Surrey is one of Canada's fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are outstanding in their respective fields. We are proud of the innovation, dedication, teamwork and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.