Duchess Early Learning Centre is creating a managerial role to work with staff in Centre. This role will be flexible to the needs of the Preschool and Daycare Program. As a manager you will be responsible for ensuring staff are meeting their job requirements and adhering to all centre policies.
- This role requires 50% direct delivery of work on the floor with children, the mentoring staff and leading by example.
- Direct and provide on-site leadership to the licensed early years programs, in adherence with applicable DELC Policies and Procedures, Child Care Regulations, legal requirements and DELC philosophies in Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf.
- Provide leadership to staff teams to ensure that the emergent curriculum and best practices are consistently maintained in the programs to support children’s development and learning.
- Ensure childcare programs are integrated and delivered in conjunction with various community support and resource agencies.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with DELC staff and volunteers. Build a positive work environment for staff.
- Work with Childcare Director in helping to handle new hires, employee reviews, staffing for programs and work schedules.
- Ensure all programs are maintaining children to adult ratios, provide support in this area as needed.
- Provide support for break coverages when needed.
- Must have a Post-Secondary Degree or Certification in the field of Early Childhood Education (including infant/toddler certification)
- Must have a minimum three (3) years of direct supervisory experience of leading multiple staff and volunteer teams in childcare, family or community program settings
- Strong knowledge and experience of emergent curriculum in Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf
- Strong knowledge of child growth and development, family relations and family centered practices
- Knowledge of local resources and surrounding communities and neighborhoods an asset
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and work independently in a demanding environment
- Ability to make sound judgments and decisions; effective prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of and experience in working with families from diverse backgrounds
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Food Safe Level 1, Community Childcare First Aid/CPR certificate required
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends and flexible schedule, as required.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
- Current BC Driver’s license and access to personal vehicle required.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with priority given to Canadian Citizens and permanent residents. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary: Starting $50k+
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Pension Plan Options
- Training Allowance
- Much more
- Flexible Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Time: 7:00 am to 5:30 pm (Variable Shift)
- Must have Supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- Early Childhood Diploma (Required)
- Community Childcare First Aid-CPR (Required)
- Food Safe Level 1
SUBMIT RESUMES BY August 31st, 2020 TO:
Correen Vanessa Blishen,
Child Care Director
810 Winnipeg Street
Prince George BC V2M 1Z1
We thank all individuals who apply for this position and will be contacting shortlisted candidates directly.
No phone calls please.