MDA is rapidly expanding its Electronic Warfare systems engineering team. We are involved in a range of EW projects and opportunities. We are seeking a motivated, "can do" Chief Systems Engineer with experience developing and integrating Electronic Warfare Systems to lead our cross functional, multi-disciplined engineering teams. Position Description:
MDA is seeking a Chief Systems Engineer who will lead solution development activities for EW systems. The successful candidate should have practical experience defining and delivering complete EW solutions across the total EW suite of systems. This includes being comfortable working in environments where there are more uncertainties than certainties.
The successful candidate will be a trusted subject matter expert, with the right blend of systems engineering discipline combined with EW systems and operational mission awareness to understand the customers' needs and potential options. The successful candidate will lead our proposal solutioning, the underpinning technical solutions, and be MDA's technical EW expert in relationships with our partners.
As the Chief Systems Engineer for Electronic Warfare Systems, you are:
- A conceptual and strategic thinker, operating in the total solution space, with significant experience across Electronic Warfare Systems (RESM, CESM, ECM and SIGINT).
- Experienced at evaluating potential partner, supplier, and competitor offerings.
- A leader with strong interpersonal skills who enjoys working extensively with clients and partners to build effective and lasting relationships.
- An experienced Engineer who can support system design, integration and test, installation, and acceptance across:
- Radar ESM,
- Communications ESM,
- Decoys, and
- Laser Warning and Countermeasures.
- Proficient in the following System Engineering activities:
- Analysis and development of capability requirements at the customer-level
- Analysis of required system performance,
- Translation of needs into achievable, detailed, traceable and testable system requirements,
- Specification and requirements analysis, and system decomposition,
- Analysis of risk and the definition of mitigation strategies,
- Definition of engineering plans and overall documentation hierarchy.
- Knowledgeable of wider mission objectives and can align the technical solution to match customer demands. Specifically you can:
- Operate in a systems-of-systems context, developing solutions that fit within our customers' existing frameworks.
- Lead cross functional teams to understand and solve problems.
- Lead studies: proof of concept, feasibility, make versus buy, trade-off.
- Lead structured reviews of our baselines and deliverables.
- Define integration and test plans, activities, and deliverables.
- Understand model based systems engineering and system performance modelling
- Demonstrate familiarity with Military Standards and NATO Standards.
- Significantly experienced in defining winning technical solutions and authoring proposals including:
- Developing cost estimates for technical solutions.
- Balancing scope, schedule, budget and resources on assignments, and incorporating these constraints in the solutions.
- Providing excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
Education and Experience
- A lifelong learner who is constantly striving to develop professionally and teach/mentor others.
Comments/Special Considerations: Security
- A University degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years' experience working with Electronic Warfare systems.
- Be eligible for a Canadian Secret Clearance (Active clearances are preferred).
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.