Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
In this integral role you will be working in a dynamic and fast paced team environment, using your knowledge of proactive and preventative maintenance. This role is responsible for providing on-site operation and maintenance services for our manufacturing facility.
We are offering a competitive salary for this role! Responsibilities include:
- Provide hands on expertise in areas of preventative maintenance, trouble-shooting, engineering and construction coordination
- Perform and document maintenance activities on all mechanical systems and equipment including but not limited to HVAC, compressors, nitrogen generators, exhaust fans, etc.
- Coordinate, manage and perform the commissioning and testing of mechanical installations involving mechanical systems and equipment
- Design and recommend preventative maintenance schedules to ensure reliable operation of mechanical systems, utilizing manufacturers recommendations and predictive maintenance techniques
- Coordinate and supervise work activities with subcontractors (janitorial crew, electrical, HVAC etc.)
- Direct hands on mechanical work like filter changes, belt changes etc.
- Overall building cleanliness like light bulbs, ceiling tiles etc.
- Provide input and assistance into Avigilon’s procurement of building equipment
- Provide input to management for expenses and capital budget development
- Ensure security systems and programs are compliant with corporate security standards and identify any potential deficiencies and/or risks
- Ensure safety programs are compliant with corporate safety standards and identify any potential deficiencies and/or risks
- Ensures that all activities are conducted in compliance with any pertinent regulatory requirements and in accordance with provincial regulations, ethical and professional values
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years hands-on experience in facilities maintenance
- Predictive/preventative maintenance system experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management
- Ability to work independently
Perks and Benefits:
- Technical background is an asset
- Strong organizational skills and prioritization skills
- Manufacturing experience
- General positive and happy demeanor!
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
Perks at our Yaletown office include an outdoor basketball court and full service indoor gym, as well as excellent proximity to public transportation.