Closing Date: February 29, 2024
Join us in the welcoming community of Trail, situated in the beautiful West Kootenay region of southeastern British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips! Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone.
Reporting to the Group Leader, Analytical Services, the Technician, Analytical Services may provide analyses using optical emissions spectrometers, Leco C/S analyzer, AA spectrometers, calorimeter, alpha detectors, ICP-OES instruments, auto-titrators and the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
Workload and shift times are dependent on business area needs.Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide analyses by following established procedures, recognizing problems as they arise and correcting them
- Work in a variety of sections to meet changing work requirements or priorities
- Participate as a member of a team under the direction of a Senior Technician in special projects and method development projects aimed at extending the capabilities and service supplied by Analytical Services
- Conduct routine and assigned quality control tasks to maintain accuracy of results
- Use knowledge of Analytical Services and assaying procedures to train other technicians and trainees
- Recognize interferences between elements and take action (complexing, removing) using instrumental principles to optimize sensitivities during instrument set-up
- Enter results into the LIMS for direct reporting to Operations; report unusual conditions directly to customers
Why Join Us?
- A graduate with a B.Sc. in Chemistry, graduates of a two-year chemical sciences program (or equivalent), or BC Certified Assayer.
At Teck, we offer more than just a job - we provide a pathway to personal and professional enrichment. With captivating projects set against stunning backdrops, a culture of inclusivity and collaboration, and boundless opportunities to learn and grow, joining us means embracing a fulfilling and dynamic career adventure.
This is a unionized position with United Steelworkers Local 480 Office and Technical.
Salary Range: 43.26About Teck
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc.
Teck has been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for six consecutive years. Teck has also been named to the Forbes Canada's Best Employers 2022 and is one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People .
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck has beenrecognized as one of the 2022 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations by Corporate Knights and is ranked #1 in the Metals and Mining industry on the S&P Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI).
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources .Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Lab Technician, Chemical Research, Laboratory, Mining, Healthcare, Engineering, Science
Construction, Mining and Trades