We're hiring Chefs at the Joseph Richard Group of Companies!
Be a part of the fastest growing hospitality company in British Columbia as recognized by Business in Vancouver. We look to promote and encourage individuals to maximize their potential. With over 20 businesses in the Fraser Valley including Public Houses, Restaurants, a Winery, a Boutique Hotel, and a catering company there is overwhelming opportunity to set your own career path. Advancement is performance based and as such, our Sous Chef training program is designed to create the next wave of corporate chefs, through monthly seminars and on-site training. Our culinary culture is one of professionalism, humour and humility and our kitchens are spaces to inspire cooks to be chefs. Job Title:
Head Chef, Public House & Restaurant Divisions Relationships:
Partners with the General Manager (GM) and reports to the Regional Chef (RC) as well as the Executive Chef (EC) and VP of Operations. Job Summary:
The Head Chef (HC) is responsible for all kitchen operations at their specific location. He or she has the autonomy to make decisions that will positively impact the business in areas of guest satisfaction and food quality and is responsible for ensuring the profitability and cleanliness of the kitchen. Further the Head Chef is responsible for staffing, training and development of all kitchen positions. Duties of a Head Chef include:
- Ensuring all kitchen positions execute routines and complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists and log out reports.
- Managing profit reporting and participation in monthly profit meetings.
- Overseeing and managing all areas of kitchen recruitment and training, including interviewing, orientations, onboarding and continued training and development.
- Conducting monthly environment audits as per JRG and local health protection standards, including cooking line, prep areas, storage areas, prep halls, loading docks, exterior compounds, coolers and freezers.
- Controlling food costs by reviewing portion control, minimizing waste and conducting weekly food inventory counts and variances are investigated.
- Tracking QSA's and provide follow up training and improvements.
- Managing kitchenware and disposables budgets.
- Managing kitchen staff schedule, overtime and labour targets.
- Monitoring sales trends and forecasts sales to ensure schedules are written to achieve sales and labour targets.
- Maintain high level food quality and presentation in accordance with organization's standard recipes and specifications.
- Supervising team of 5 or more
Hours and shifts may vary. Includes working evenings, weekends and holidays. Work is performed in kitchen and office environments. Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Required Training and Experience:
- Proficient working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Optimum is an asset
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Required licenses, certificates and registrations:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a professional kitchen
- Experience in a Coach or Sous Chef role with JRG for a minimum of 6 months
- Food Safe Level 1
- First Aid Level 1, preferred but not mandatory
The Joseph Richard Group is a collection of unique hospitality ventures owned by André "Joseph" Bourque and Ryan "Richard" Moreno. Our team operates 25 establishments together, constantly fine-tuning our concepts according to the needs of our guests. What sets us apart is our dedication to the Guest Experience; an unwavering commitment to exceptional service, top quality offerings, and a team of like-minded individuals. Our Mission:
This is your moment.
Hospitality and Tourism Restaurants and Food Service