Civeo is a global workforce accommodation specialist that helps people maintain healthy, productive, and connected lives while living and working away from home. Our unique approach focuses on guest wellbeing, operational efficiency, community building and a property development mindset - making us a leading provider of accommodation solutions. Civeo Pacific Northwest Employees LP
is currently seeking an experienced Chef
at our Sitka Lodge located in Kitimat, BC
. With kitchens running 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, opportunities to cook a variety of different delicious meals, you will be able to keep your kitchen skills sharp while continuing to develop your management aspirations. The successful candidate will be overseeing the day-to-day activities of a team of kitchen staff. This position will be on a rotation basis 14 days on / 7 days off
as required by the business. Key Responsibilities
- Oversee and direct the team of all kitchen staff in their daily activities.
- Lead and inspire a high performing, motivated and engaged team.
- Create a positive overall guest experience by ensuring food quality is exceptional.
- Respond to customer issues/complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Operate an efficient and profitable kitchen.
- Manage kitchen scheduling, menu planning and forecasting.
- Manage all corporate reporting for purchasing and payroll.
- Purchase consumables on a monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards and procedures.
- Promote and ensure staff adhere to workplace safety and health regulations and standards.
- Collaborate with the Lodge manager to lead and develop a safety culture.
- Inter-provincial Red Seal Cook designation is required.
- Certified Chef de Cuisine (CCC) designation or Culinary Arts Diploma would be an asset.
- 3-6 years of experience with a successful history or supervising and building an effective team.
- Class 5 Operator's License, with a 5-year driving record satisfactory to Civeo' s driving criteria.
- Standard First Aid is required.
- BC Food Safe Level 2 certification valid in the province of British Columbia for the duration of your employment is mandatory. Employer assistance available to obtain certification.
- Ability to work in, and with a unionized work force.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Passion for providing excellence in customer service.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong business acumen, including budgeting and inventory skills.
- Ability to deal with unexpected situations, remain calm, and ensure that kitchen operations run smoothly.
- Must be able to pass a pre-access Drug & Alcohol test.
Civeo is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. To apply, please submit resume online to http://civeo.com/people-careers/job-opportunities/
Restaurants and Food Service