October 30, 2021
As we move forward in our journey to transform the way we operate at Teck Resources, your role will be pivotal in ensuring our transition is smooth, successful and sustainable.
You will be working with and supporting our mine sites to manage and coordinate organizational change. You will need to be adaptable, quick to learn and build trust. As a trusted advisor this role will provide a blend of support from leadership coaching, strategy and hands on organizational change management delivery. It's an exciting environment to work in and the pace is fast, with a focus on quality and delivery. The size and the scope of the initiatives and programs will be complex in nature, and include people, process and technology related change. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Work closely with key stakeholders to define areas of the program, and understand the impact of the change and agree on adoption criteria
- Create and deliver multi-facetted program level change strategies
- Support and reinforce the building change capabilities program; reinforcing the approach through adoption, training and coaching
- Oversee and coach less experienced change agents and engagement consultants, supporting them through the stage gate process
- Establish and / or lead a change agent network to coordinate multiple change initiatives and create efficiencies
- Influence the strategic planning process and advise on sequencing and approach, based on the impact of the change
- Track and monitor change related issues, risks and opportunities, and create mitigation plans for change being driven across the site
- Share your approaches, learnings and insights with other change leads and specialists through the corporate change agent network
- Proactively look for opportunities to strengthen our approach to managing change
- Facilitate workshops and engagements to support the progress of our transformation
- Translate and simplify technical language into plain English, using an informal and friendly tone
- Find creative and innovative ways to engage stakeholders
- 10+ years' experience in organizational change management roles.
- Strong skills and experience of the Microsoft Office suite (MS Teams and SharePoint is a benefit).
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity when it comes to managing confidential information.
- Experience in a digital or IT environment would be a benefit.
- Experience in Operational Readiness and managing culture change are a benefit.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, problem solve, stay organized and manage multiple assignments.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to maintain and ensure accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively both individually, and in a collaborative, team setting.
- Capable of working efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to measure their own effectiveness and demonstrate value.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-CK1 Job Segment:
Developer, Social Media, Sustainability, Strategic Planning, Technology, Marketing, Mining, Energy, Strategy