26573 Position Type:
Prince George, BC, Canada Location:
Intercontinental Pulp You enjoy hands-on challenges, where you can focus in on a particular task, to get the job done and keep our equipment running!
We're seeking a Certified Welder
for our Intercon Specialty Paper Pulp Mill in Prince George, BC
, where you can put yourRed Seal and pressure welding tickets to work as you'll bring your knowledge of Metal Fabricating and a couple years of experience in heavy industry or structural welding to safely maximize uptime, quality and production of our mill.
We're innovators, and that's why we need people like you to make a difference, and work alongside the best and brightest in the business. It's time to grow your
career. What are you waiting for?
This role is a full-time schedule Monday to Thursday. Minimum of 40 hours per week. As a Certified Welder, your responsibilities will include:
For this role, we are looking for candidates who have:
- Weld and repair structural components of pulp mill machinery, including frames, supports, and other metal structures.
- Perform maintenance welding to address wear and tear, ensuring the continued safe and efficient operation of equipment.
- Use welding and cutting equipment to fabricate metal components or parts as needed for pulp mill machinery or other equipment.
- Interpret blueprints and technical drawings to create accurate and precise metal structures.
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines when performing welding tasks in the pulp mill environment.
- Ensure that welding activities comply with industry safety standards and regulations.
- Collaborate with other maintenance and operations personnel to assess the welding needs of the pulp mill.
- Inspect, conduct tests and measurements to welded surfaces, structures, and components to ensure they meet quality standards and specifications related to integrity and strength of welds.
- Red Seal - 'A' class welding ticket
- Solid background in heavy industry and in pressure and/or structural welding
- Experience in MIG/TIG procedures
- Certified in pressure welding
The hourly rate for this position is: $47.24 Please Note:
The wage provided is for base pay only. In addition to wage, Canfor proudly offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. It features cash and non-cash programs such as employer paid group benefits, paid leave, retirement & saving options and health & well-being. We also continually invest in the development of our talent to help them thrive professionally and personally. Above all, we are proud to offer our employees a value proposition that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion and fosters an environment where talent and performance is recognized and acknowledged. Don't check off every single bullet point?
At Canfor, we prioritize the right fit for our organization over a strict checklist of criteria. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds may not perfectly align. Our people-focused approach prioritizes safety, embraces diversity,
valuing everyone's unique qualities. We believe that inclusion and diversity are crucial for our productivity, creativity, innovation, and competitive edge.
Our recruitment process is fair and equitable, based on qualifications and experience.
We appreciate all candidates' interest but will contact only those selected for interviews. Our hiring for various positions is ongoing and includes different screening processes such as behavioral assessments, references, and criminal record checks, depending on the role and location.
#LI-NE1 #CADH Job Segment:
MIG Welding, Welding, Equity, Manufacturing, Finance
Construction, Mining and Trades