Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the seventh time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, we continue to grow. We are looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Williams Lake Plywood Division has an opportunity for a:CERTIFIED MILLWRIGHTResponsibilities:
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- Work in a safe manner using proper PPE
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to repair equipment
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up and repair of equipment and machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment and repair as required
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- Verify and document repairs made
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright certification
- Ability to read blue prints, plans and schematics
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem solving skills
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work place
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Organizational and planning skills
- Lathe and Plywood experience, preferred
- Must be able to work various shifts
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package.
Williams Lake has a population of approximately 11,000 residents. The city is a hub for forestry, mining and transportation and offers residents an abundance of outdoor adventures including skiing, hiking and mountain biking.Check out williamslake.ca
for more information about the community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs
click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Maintenance and Technicians