West Fraser’s Pacific Inland Resources division in Smithers, BC has an opportunity for a:CERTIFIED MILLWRIGHT
The Millwright will be a key player in our continuous maintenance improvement program through daily use of troubleshooting and preventative maintenance strategies.Responsibilities include:
Our ideal Millwright candidate possesses:
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process.
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment.
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to repair equipment.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up and repair of equipment and machinery.
- Work in manlifts with the use of fall protection equipment.
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders.
- Verify and document repairs made.
- Work in a safe manner using proper PPE.
About West Fraser:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright certification, or a Millwrighting Apprentice preparing to enroll in their 4th year
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work closely with other trades and employees
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work place
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible schedule in order to work days, nights and/or weekend shifts
West Fraser is a leading forest products company. We are listed on the TSX, NYSE, and recognized for the eleventh time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States, and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
Apply now at www.westfraser.com/jobs and discover more about our current opportunities!
Internal Applicants click here: https://t11.ultipro.ca
Discover more about West Fraser’s current initiatives, opportunities, and more, by visiting us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians