Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
The successful applicant will be an energetic team player that will apply their strong troubleshooting skills by performing various maintenance requirements in a safe working environment. Shift work is required. Compensation and benefits based on the Local Collective Agreement are offered, together with a safe, high quality work environment.
- Maintaining and repairing mobile equipment such as;
- Taylor, Kalmar & Hyster forklifts
- Wagner log loader
- 966 H loader
- 988 loader
- Champion 740 grader
- The ability to operate mobile equipment for test purposes
The hourly wage for this position is based on the collective agreement and offers a competitive benefits package with medical, dental, pension, RRSP plans, paid vacation and more.
- Certified Journeyman
- Experience with hydraulics and welding
- Superior troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Solid background in heavy industry and construction
- Knowledge of Cat, Kalmar and Taylor equipment would be an asset, as well as knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.