Williams Lake, BC
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor and working with other trades and team members, the Certified Electrician will carry out maintenance programs and projects within a mill environment. This is a challenging position and an opportunity to work in an innovative environment. Candidates require strong communication, problem solving, and computer skills.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Certified Electrician with a valid Interprovincial Journeyman ticket;
- A strong background in the use of RS Logix, VFD, PLC, Rockwell systems and motion controls;
- Previous experience in a forest products environment will be considered a definite asset;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Commitment to working safely;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Good organizational and planning skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and experience with CMMS systems.
The successful candidate will:
- Enjoy being creative and innovative, with a drive to improve Business Systems and Technology.
- Have strong problem-solving skills with practical solutions.
- Have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Have the ability to prioritize work assignments and manage time effectively.
- Deep understanding of confidentiality and has the ability to deal with matters in a tactful and confidential manner.
- Ensure a customer, quality and service focus with a willingness to roll-up sleeves when necessary.
With state-of-the-art operations across Western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our mills throughout Western Canada.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and by providing employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to make great things and build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side by side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!
If this position sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Construction, Mining and Trades