West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Listed on the TSX and recognized for theeighth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Quesnel Plywood division has an opportunity for the position of:CERTIFIED ELECTRICIAN
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, the preferred candidate is an Industrial Electrician with a good understanding of process systems, PLC Controls, HMI Programming, and motor control systems. Attention to safety and efficiency is a must. Good interpersonal and communication skills are also essential to working in our team environment.Key responsibilities include:
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- Ensuring the operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and troubleshooting problems on all manufacturing equipment programmable controllers, transformers, and machinery wiring; following electrical codes, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications
- Repairing and replacing as necessary, electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures; determining faulty wiring, inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery
- Controlling downtime by continual improvement on all sawmill manufacturing equipment
- Preparing electrical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Making recommendations as necessary for improvements
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety practices and use of personal protective equipment
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results
- Maintaining documentation as required by Electrical Safety Authority
- Performing systematic quality checks on all work performed
Considered a strong asset:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Electrical Certification
- Ability to read blue prints, plans and schematics
- Electrical aptitude and excellent problem solving skills
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work place
- Leadership qualities
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Flexible schedule in order to work day, evening, graveyard and weekend shifts
- Previous experience working in a sawmill, planer mill or with forest products
- A Red Seal Certificate
- A thorough understanding of Allen Bradley Servo Drives, VFD Drives, HMI programming Controllogix PLCs and hydraulics systems.
At West Fraser, we believe in giving our employees a challenge they can rise to. We are looking for individuals who are interested in career advancement and progression through various aspects of our business. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs
click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Maintenance and Technicians