The Certified Dental Assistant is responsible for assisting the Dentist with intra-oral procedures, supporting the education of patients about oral health, provides restorative and preventative procedures as delegated by the dentist. The Certified Dental Assistant will maintain a high quality of oral care for all patients while working under direct and or indirect supervision of the dentist. The therapeutic functions are carried out in accordance with the legislative, regulatory and policies of the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia including maintaining appropriate patient records and office records. Qualifications
- Grade 12.
- Graduate of a recognized Certified Dental Assistant program.
- Current registration and licensure.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize.
- Leadership and classroom management skills.
- Ability to work with children.
- Knowledge of techniques and standards of preventive and restorative clinical practice.
View Hazelton Community