Certified Dental Assistant BC Cancer Vancouver, $25.42 per hour What you'll do
What you bring
- Work with patients with medical compromise and with possible exposure to medical risk.
- Perform chair-side duties and infection control, including making impressions, delivering fluoride to patients; instructing patients in oral care and assisting with OR procedures.
- Assist the Senior Certified Dental Assistant with screening of patients and assessment of dental needs to set priorities;
- Co-ordinate bookings.
- Ensure patient charts are provided for patient appointments; check patient chart and treatment plan for completeness, file treatment plans.
What's in it for you
- Grade 12 graduation.
- Graduation from recognized Certified Dental Assistant Course.
- Current registration with the College of Dental Surgeons of B.C.
- One year of related experience, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work well with patients and staff.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $25.42 per hour
600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.