26587 Position Type:
Cranbrook, BC, Canada Location:
Cranbrook Offices You and the very best Heavy Duty Mechanics have several things in common. You are a fixer. You like to get your hands into a project, keep on task, and take pride in getting the job done right the first time. When the going gets tough and timelines are short, you are there to bail out the team and save the day. The job should come with a socket wrench and a cape!Put your Red Seal chops or third/fourth year apprenticeship to work as an Apprentice/Certified Heavy Duty Mechanic in Cranbrook, BC. Show us that you can
diagnose, and repair mobile equipment and we'll provide you access to a variety of machines that could use your skilled touch. As a Certified Heavy Duty Mechanic, your responsibilities will include:
For this role, we are looking for candidates who have:
- Conduct regular maintenance checks on heavy-duty equipment, such as:
- Peterson 5000H Chippers
- CAT 966 MXE/950H Loaders
- CAT 315/325 Excavators
- John Deere 872G Grader
- Western Star Plow Truck
- Must have the ability to operate mobile equipment for test purposes
- Diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic issues to ensure optimal performance and prevent breakdowns.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems with engines, transmissions, braking systems, and other components of heavy-duty equipment.
- Utilize diagnostic tools (ET) and technical manuals to pinpoint issues and develop effective repair solutions.
- Perform routine inspections and replace worn or damaged parts to prevent equipment failures and increase longevity.
- Use welding and fabrication skills to repair or modify equipment components.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including parts used, repairs made, and hours worked.
- Provide detailed reports on the condition of equipment, maintenance performed, and recommendations for future actions.
- Contacts vendors to provide parts quotes and lead times communicating this with your supervisor
- Red Seal Certification or are third/fourth year apprentices
- Experience with hydraulics and welding
- Superior troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Knowledge of Cat, Kalmar and Taylor equipment would be an asset
The hourly rate for this position is: $46.08
Take a moment to check out a quick preview of the site and familiarize yourself with some the equipment you'll be working on here
. Please Note:
The wage provided is for base pay only. In addition to wage, Canfor proudly offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. It features cash and non-cash programs such as employer paid group benefits, paid leave, retirement & saving options and health & well-being. We also continually invest in the development of our talent to help them thrive professionally and personally. Above all, we are proud to offer our employees a value proposition that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion and fosters an environment where talent and performance is recognized and acknowledged. Don't check off every single bullet point?
At Canfor, we prioritize the right fit for our organization over a strict checklist of criteria. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds may not perfectly align. Our people-focused approach prioritizes safety, embraces diversity,
valuing everyone's unique qualities. We believe that inclusion and diversity are crucial for our productivity, creativity, innovation, and competitive edge.
Our recruitment process is fair and equitable, based on qualifications and experience.
We appreciate all candidates' interest but will contact only those selected for interviews. Our hiring for various positions is ongoing and includes different screening processes such as behavioral assessments, references, and criminal record checks, depending on the role and location. #CADH #LI-CC1 Job Segment:
Welding, Maintenance Mechanic, Fabrication, Equity, Electrical, Manufacturing, Finance, Engineering
Construction, Mining and Trades