Are you tech-savvy, administrative professional looking to make a meaningful difference with a not-for-profit professional association committed to protecting public health and the environment? Do you have a solution-oriented mindset, and thrive on working with others to clearly and accurately document processes and data?
The BC Water & Waste Association (BCWWA) has an immediate, full-time opportunity for a Certification and IT Coordinator. The Certification and IT Coordinator is responsible for administering the certification program for cross connection control testers and coordinating IT services and support for the Association’s staff. This position works with the Senior Manager of Program Development and staff, subject matter experts, members, training institutions, municipal program administrators, and external consultants.
The BCWWA’s cross connection control (CCC) certification program is intended to qualify and recognize water professionals with a specialization in water, so that British Columbia and the Yukon has a competent and sustainable water sector workforce. This program generates nearly half of the Association’s members, all of whom are responsible for safeguarding public health through their work.
About the Role
Administer the cross connection control (CCC) certification program:
- Coordinate online and in-person examinations for CCC Tester and Inspector programs by printing and distributing exam packages, scheduling proctors, marking exams, communicating exam results to certification candidates, and documenting exam results in the Association database.
- Accredit institutions by ensuring they meet the criteria to deliver CCC training; liaise with institutions to support the delivery of examinations and manuals to candidates.
- Ensure CCC membership and certification data is current and accurate; support the Member Services Coordinator in processing exam registrations and membership payments.
- Liaise with contracted proctors and other service providers; ensure contract deliverables are met.
- Provide recommendations regarding proctor requirements in various regions and, where approved, support the recruitment and selection of proctors.
- Provide administrative support to CCC regional and national committees.
- Develop and maintain program administrative policies and procedures.
- Provide support to the Senior Manager of Program Development in creating, tracking progress and evaluating annual work plans and budgets.
- Provide information to the BCWWA Marketing & Communication Coordinator to support member communications and marketing initiatives.
- Other related duties that advance the protection of water systems in BC.
Coordinate IT services and support:
- Receive and coordinate fixes for staff IT issues; maintain tracking documentation.
- Coordinate fixes and development projects with service providers for the website portal, customer relationship management system, online payment platform, online exam platform, online learning platform, and other systems as needed.
- Develop and maintain documented IT processes and procedures.
- Coordinate equipment and software requests for staff.
- A college diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline and 2+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics Customer Relationship Management system is an asset.
- Experience coordinating IT projects is an asset.
- Exceptional attention to detail – driven to always get it “right”, takes pride in providing accuracy in all work.
- Highly organized – can always find what is needed when it is needed.
- Strong project management skills – able to set clear goals, articulate expectations, and hold contractors accountable for results.
- Highly analytical, with effective problem-solving skills – ability to accurately assess problems, identify and evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions; comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- Excellent customer service skills – listens to customer needs, connects them to the appropriate products and services.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – listens and understands, able to effectively share ideas and build buy-in.
- Excellent time management skills – able to plan workload, multi-task and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work well independently, while ensuring that work is coordinated with the rest of the team.
- Takes initiative – results oriented and likes to get things done!
- The BC Water & Waste Association (BCWWA) is a not-for-profit organization that represents over 4,600 water professionals who are responsible for ensuring safe, sustainable and secure, water, sewer and stormwater systems in BC and the Yukon. Our members include water and wastewater facility operators, utility managers, engineers, consultants, government policy and regulatory staff, backflow assembly testers and cross connection control specialists, researchers, and suppliers.
- We provide professional development and networking, operator education, certification, and advocacy on behalf of our members, to ensure that our water systems continue to protect public health and the environment.
- We have a bright and engaged team, and we are looking to change the world (or at least our corner of it!)
- Our offices are located in downtown Vancouver.
Interested? Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining how your experience matches our role to email@example.com, indicating your name and the job title in your subject line e.g. Jane Smith – Certification and IT Coordinator.