The Central Processing and Receiving LLL Technologist performs technical testing such as biochemical, serological, molecular and immunoassays on clinical specimens, evaluates, verifies results, prepares related reports for Virology and Microbiology and responds to customer service issues. In this role, you will:
- Participate in day-to-day work activities in CPRLLL-Microbiology by testing clinical and other specimens using automated or manual immunoassays, nucleic acid technique, and evaluating and verifying results according to established procedures.
- Respond to requests and inquiries for all referred in tests. Seek direction as required from the Section Head or Laboratory Operations Manager as appropriate on customer service issues.
- Perform all related functions required for the production of final reports such as preparing, testing and assessing quality control results prior to release of clinical results, troubleshoots specimen adequacy and prepare dilutions as required according to established procedures.
- Maintain and document maintenance of laboratory equipment. Recognize and report malfunctions in equipment.
- Participate in quality assurance programs for the Analytical Section through methods such as gathering data on turn around times (TAT) for test procedures, and monitoring performance and quality indicators. Report occurrences according to standard operating procedures.
- A Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) OR Bachelor of Science in Microbiology or related biological science
- One (1) year of recent, related experience including experience in a research based laboratory or an equivalent combination of education, training and recent related experience.
If this sounds like you, apply now! About Us Lower Mainland Laboratories
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated the ability to be self-motivated, manage time, and work independently.
- Demonstrated the ability to operate related equipment and use related software.
- Demonstrated the physical ability to perform the job.
is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
, responsible for providing public laboratory services throughout the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. Hospital-based laboratories in Vancouver Coastal Health, Fraser Health, Providence Health Care and PHSA provide both inpatient and outpatient laboratory services. These specialty laboratories provide a variety of reference and specialized testing.
The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC)
provides provincial and national leadership in public health through surveillance, detection, prevention and consultation and provides both direct diagnostic and treatment services to people with disease of public health importance.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Best value • Results matter • Excellence through knowledge • Open to possibilities.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
- Temporary, Full-Time (until May 2020)
- Wage: $29.70 to $37.04 per hour
- Monday - Friday; Rotating Hours
655 W 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4R4
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 8, 2019
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Labor Agreement Health Science Professionals Requisition # 86145-2329491 Work Site 655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver Job Type Temporary, Full-Time Temporary Duration 9 Months Salary/Rate $29.70 - $37.04 / Hour FTE 1.00 Hours of Work Rotation of Monday to Friday 0700-1500, 0800-1600, 1200-2000, 1400-2200 Work Days Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Expiry Date 22-Dec-2019