Position Title CE Manager, Health Sciences Posting Number 01034SA Location Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level A - Pay Band 10 Salary Range - Position Type Administration - Regular Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Administration Start Date 05/03/2021 End Date Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays Shift N/A Work Arrangements
This regular full-time position is available immediately until filled. Regular hours of work are: 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday. Travel between Douglas College's campus locations is required. Travel for business may be required on occasion.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Manager, Continuing Education Health Sciences is responsible for the strategic direction, leadership, operational and financial management of Continuing Education, Health Sciences. The Manager is a member of the Health Sciences leadership team and works with CE coordinators, CE program facilitators and CE instructors in the planning, design, and delivery of health sciences continuing education programs (non-credit and CE certificate programs).Responsibilities
The Manager initiates and coordinates the development of new programs working with content experts and stakeholders as clients or partners.
The Manager is integral to the provision of continuing education opportunities in the acquisition of the knowledge, skills, and abilities to extend health sciences practices.
The incumbent develops business plans and marketing initiatives in collaboration with the Dean, other Health Sciences administrators, and appropriate external partners.
The Manager, Continuing Education Health Sciences is responsible for developing and aligning the CE Health Sciences strategy with both Douglas College and Health Sciences strategic plans.
The Manager leads a team of CE facilitators, program developers, and instructors. The incumbent manages the Health Sciences Continuing Education operations by coordinating the learning resources (facilities, equipment, technology) across programs and planning for all aspects of delivery and business development.
The Manager, Continuing Education, working with program developers/content experts, is responsible for the coordination of required educational approval processes, accreditations, and approvals.
The incumbent exercises considerable independence, discretion, judgment, and initiative in engaging with both the internal College and external community.
Reporting to the Dean, the Manager, Continuing Education Health Sciences provides exceptional client-centered service consistently to all stakeholder groups.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
EDUCATION , EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
1. A Bachelor's Degree in a Business or related field is required. Master's degree in Business or related field preferred. Additional background in a Health Sciences field/discipline an asset.
2. Three to five years' experience in Continuing Education or related post-secondary or similar experience at a management or leadership level. Demonstrated understanding of best practices in continuing education.
3. Teaching experience in post-secondary credit or non-credit an asset.
4. Two or more years of experience in working with and supervising teams with a minimum of one year in a unionized environment.
5. Experience in employee recruitment, selection and performance management in a unionized environment.
6. Formal course work in leadership, management, and supervision highly preferred. Proven supervisory experience including budget planning and management, employee supervision, employee development and process control.
7. Formal course work or experience in program development, maintenance and quality management and interpretation and development of policy and guidelines. Experience in program evaluation of educational programs highly preferred.
8. Formal course work or experience related to educational pedagogy in working with adult learners or professional continuing competence or upgrading highly preferred.
9. Proven project management skills including dealing with conflicting priorities, needs and deadlines.
10. Highly developed effective interpersonal, communication and team-building skills.
Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
11. Experience supporting and maintaining accreditation processes.
12. Demonstrated ability to lead a team in a very fast-paced, complex and changing work environment.
13. Proven ability to accept responsibility, exercise initiative, and work with people effectively.
14. General knowledge of systems used in planning, organizing and establishing workflow schedules.
15. Knowledge of quality improvement, leadership and decision-making processes.
16. Skilled in the use of computer software applications, such as MS Office, and proven keyboarding skills at an intermediate to advanced level. Experience working with Banner is an asset.
17. Sound judgment and professionalism demonstrated by the ability to act tactfully, diplomatically, and with discretion in all contexts, internally and externally.
18. Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral.
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 02/08/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
• Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online.
• Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
• The successful candidate will need to provide original documents of their education/academic credentials noted on their resume.
• The position will be opened until filled with a first review date of March 12, 2021.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/6976