Casual Fleet Service Worker
Are you committed to providing the highest levels of quality service? If so, First Transit wants you! First Transit Canada is proud to offer:
Fleet Service Employee Responsibilities:
- Competitive starting wage!
- A Clean and Positive Work Environment!
- Career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
Fleet Service Employee Qualifications:
- Properly disposes of waste collected on fleet vehicles.
- Ensure proper maintenance of bus engine fluid levels including gas fuel, transmission fluid, oils and coolants.
- Moves and parks transit vehicles, including buses as required.
- Record odometer numbers accurately and legibly on reports.
- Operates a bus safely and efficiently.
- Maneuver safely and efficiently into the bus washing area and on JTA property.
- Report any mechanical difficulties immediately to leadman and/or supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and bring any unsafe practices or conditions to the attention of a supervisor.
- Complete all daily tasks assigned by the end of the shift.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Performs mandatory storm/disaster job related functions that are essential to the Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) and/or the EOC
Apply now to join our team! You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!
- Experience with Fueling; Diesel, CNG, Gasoline (Preferred)
- Mechanical Experience (Preferred)
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must have a valid British Columbia driver's license
- Must have or be able to attain an Air Brake Endorsement
- Must have a Class 5 or 4 Driver License
We are First Transit
(A Division of FirstGroup America) - a leading transportation provider
. We move more than 350 million passengers
annually and employ 19,500 dedicated transit professionals
in over 300 locations worldwide
. And we need great team members like you!
First Transit is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
Maintenance and Technicians