Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools
We currently have openings for Casual Bus Drivers
Under the direction of the Transportation Supervisor or Designate, operates school buses according to the B.C. Motor Vehicle Act Regulations and School District Policy.
- Operates a school bus as per the B.C. Motor Vehicle Act and National Safety Code regulations to transport students.
- Conducts pre-trip vehicle inspection and reports vehicle defects and problems.
- Suggests changes to vehicles and routes to ensure safe and efficient operating conditions.
- Maintains discipline of all passengers travelling in the school bus as per School Board policy and regulations.
- Assists students or staff in loading and unloading, using appropriate restraining techniques, lifts and related equipment.
- Administers survival first aid to bus passengers as required.
- Troubleshoots emergent on-road, minor mechanical problems, fuels and cleans buses, installs tire chains and adds oil and water.
- May, on occasion, be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 11 education or the equivalent
- Minimum of two years related experience
- Valid B.C. Class 2 Driver's License with an Air Brake Endorsement
- Clean Driver Abstract
- Successful completion of the School Bus Driver's Training Course
- Valid WCB Occupational First Aid Level 1 certificate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Physical capability to perform the job duties
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via https://bit.ly/2Mxndbc
Applications should include a cover letter, detailed personal resume and any applicable transcripts, certificates or licenses.
To submit your application to the actual job posting you must click on the "Apply" button.
Transportation and Warehousing