Here at JYSK, one of the world's fastest growing retailers, it can be a smile, remembering a name, or maybe even just a wave at the end of the day. Perhaps it's an unwavering desire to know about every product found within our walls and on our shelves. But whatever it is for you, we want to empower you to feel confident in unleashing it. Because at JYSK, we know that the difference in our associates is what makes the difference for our customers.
JYSK is one of the world's leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers. First established in Denmark in 1979, JYSK operates retail stores which sell everything for your home throughout Europe and internationally and are now present across 51 countries with over 2,700 stores.
Although JYSK today is a global business, the company is managed based on its Scandinavian roots. This reflects in JYSK's company culture and the way it does business.
The first Canadian JYSK store was opened in Coquitlam, BC in 1996. Today, JYSK operates 62 stores across Canada, including locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec.Are you a fit?
Start by asking yourself a few questions:
Are you welcoming? Do have the inner desire to be the reason someone smiles?
Are you passionate about making the checkout process faster and easier for customers?
Are you driven about helping customers find exactly what they are looking for?
Do you enjoy having everyday conversation with wonderful people?
If so, Let's find out more ...What's the job?
Cashier associates offer an efficient and genuine interaction when customers are checking out merchandise. Being empowered to make decisions and resolve customer concerns in a helpful manner. Educating customers on new sales and promotions. Using excellent customer service skills. Having strong work ethic and integrity. Being inspired by the bottom-down prices we provide to our customers. Being able to learn, grow, develop and having interest to cross train in other work areas of the store as needed. Quickly and accurately scan all items and collecting payments.
As a member of theJYSK
team you are responsible for assisting management with the day to day operations of the store.What are the qualifications for the job?Store Operations
Health & Safety
- Assisting in implementation and adhere to JYSK concept manual for store standard cash counter and market area.
- Assisting with the store to be Clean, Full and Priced.
- Using proper telephone etiquette.
- Ensuring that you are following the dress code set out by the company.
- Ensuring thatyou are following the Health and Safety procedures set out by the company.
- Ensuring that you are following the safe storage ladder policy at all times.
- Ensuring to monitor front doors for customers entering and exiting for loss prevention purposes.
- Assisting in controlling the customer flow and customer service around the cash counter area.
- Directing customers through the tills in a friendly, effective and timely manner.
- Greeting every customer upon entering the store, except when your attention is with a customer.
- Being proficient in the paging system.
- Making customers aware of exchange/refund policies associated with their product purchase.
- Keeping till area clean and tidy at the end of every shift.
- Maximizing E-mail and Postal Codes Collection for your Store.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly cash counter area throughout each day in accordance with JYSK concept. Responsible to maintain accurate cash floats and balance at the end of each shift.
- Seeking alternative work when no customers are present and maintain busy throughout the day.
- Providing the best possible customer service for all of our customers and maintain all products in the cash area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, the Colleague will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Colleague will frequently lift, sort, carry, and place merchandise and supplies of varying sizes weighing up to 20 kg without assistance and over 20 kg with team lifting. Work requires climbing up and down ladders, and working at heights. Does this sound like an opportunity for you?
If helping people comes to you as naturally as smiling, then our customer-facing career opportunities may be a perfect fit you. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
JYSK is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees andmembers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
JYSK Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, transfer, promotion and all other conditions of employment. As a company, we have developed l programs and policies that address and recognize our objective to ensure that our work environment remains free of discrimination and harassment of any kind and promotes and recognizes the diverse backgrounds of our Colleagues. JYSK Canada will accommodate both internal and external applications throughout the hiring process.
All employment decisions at JYSK are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended. We consider all applications on the basis of individual qualification for the particular position and we do so without regard to any unrelated factor and/or characteristic.
JYSK Canada is committed to the value of equal employment opportunity for all Colleagues and the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.