Position Summary CASH MANAGEMENT ANALYST Job ID: 3671 REGULAR FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable, and quality housing.
Reporting to the Assistant Comptroller, the Financial Analyst - Cash Management is responsible for preparing complex and comprehensive cash flow forecasts and developing and implementing cash flow forecasting processes. They also handle daily cash balances and related borrowing needs to ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational requirements. In this role you would partner with cross-functional teams across Finance and other departments and gather data to improve long term cashflow forecast accuracy, investigate variances, and understand trends. In addition, this role has the responsibility for ensuring policies, procedures, processes, and systems reflect best practices and developing and maintaining internal controls for cash management. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or a relevant subject area,
- A minimum of 4 years progressively more complex and responsible work experience with cash flow forecasting and/or modelling in a high volume computerized financial accounting environment,
- Successful completion of the CPA designation and 2 years of experience with cash flow forecasting and/or modelling in a high volume computerized financial accounting environment
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of accounting and financial administration
- Strong analytical, investigative, conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines with changing priorities
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission's mandate, its operating/administrative requirements, and related business processes and practices
- Ability to exercise good judgement and initiative, be results focused and make effective decisions
- Ability to deal with clients with diplomacy and tact and provide accounting advice to staff with non-financial backgrounds
- Ability to take initiative and work independent, as well as in a team setting
- Proficient in the use of computer applications applicable to the work, including Excel
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current position or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **