Position Title Career Coach-Case Management Posting Number 01817SA Location Maple Ridge Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range To be determined Position Type Training Group Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 04/10/2023 End Date 03/31/2024 Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays, Other - Some evenings Shift N/A Work Arrangements
This posting is for one full-time (maximum of 40 hours per week) contract at the Maple Ridge WorkBC Centre , located at 22470 Dewdney Trunk Road, Maple Ridge.
The contract is for coverage during maternity leave from April 10, 2023-March 31 2024
Must be able to work flexible hours, including some Wednesday and Thursday evenings
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Representing Douglas College at the Maple Ridge WorkBC Centre, the Career Coach will support clients in achieving and maintaining sustainable labour market attachments. This is position will serve all client groups including the public and those in receipt of BC Income Assistance and Employment Insurance (EI). They will maintain exemplary customer service while ensuring that they meet or exceed the Centre's service utilization targets and key performance measures as outlined for each Career Coach.Responsibilities
• Create realistic action plans that identify activities and goals that support the Clients in reaching employment;
• Assist clients through one to one coaching with resume writing, job search techniques, labour market information, career planning materials, assessment tools, workshops and other relevant resources;
• Determine eligibility for financial supports and services;
• Maintain regular contact with the Client to support, motivate, and monitor the Client's progress;
• Assess and provide the Client with services, tailored to individual client needs;
• Review monthly Key Performance Measures ( KPM ) and Centre targets with the Centre Manager to ensure that they are providing the right services at the right time for Clients. Additional Duties:
• Participate in weekly team meetings, strategic planning sessions and performance management reviews;
• On occasion the Career Coach will be required to perform resource area assistance including reception;
• Work to Training Group's Quality Management System, ISO 9001:2015 standard;
• Miscellaneous as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Post-Secondary degree, or equivalent level of knowledge and experience in employment services related field;
• Certified Career Development Practitioner ( CCDP ) Certification an asset;
• Ability to exhibit respect for clients, client diversity, and community partners;
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent computer skills; MS Office Suite, database entry and the use of online-demand meeting applications and desk-top sharing;
• Knowledge of local labour market and labour market trends;
• Knowledge and awareness of WorkBC systems, processes and financial model an asset;
• Satisfactory completion of a criminal records check.
• Providing excellent customer service while delivering in person and virtual services;
• Conducting & interpreting client needs assessments;
• Working with individuals with complex barriers and a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
Preferred but not essential Certifications:
• Career Development Practitioner
• MBTI certificate
• Personality Dimensions
• Job Club Leader
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 03/30/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10568
Education and Training