Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Follow the path to an exciting career as a Health Care Assistant at Mills Memorial Hospital.
In accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, the Registered Care Aide works under the functional direction of a Registered Nurse or other designate and in cooperation with interdisciplinary team members to assist in the delivery of client care in accordance with established policies, standards, and procedures.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 rotating Mills Memorial Hospital
is a 52 acute care bed hospital and provides the only inpatient psychiatric unit in the northwest. They offer emergency services, and has a diagnostic and specialist center which includes CT scan and nuclear medicine. Visiting specialists come for obstetrics/gynecology, psychiatry, general surgery, urology, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, anaesthetics, radiology, nuclear medicine, pathology, otorhinolaryngology (ENT), podiatry, pediatrics and internal medicine. Community cancer and chronic disease management clinics are available. Terrace
has a population 12,700 (2021) residents. The community of Terrace is northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Check out Terrace where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.