Position Title Campus Tour Leader Posting Number 01969SA Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level SA - Pay Level I Salary Range $17.88/hour Position Type Student Assistant Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Temporary Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Student Assistants Start Date 09/05/2023 End Date Day of the Week Other Shift N/A Work Arrangements
The position is located at the New Westminster and Coquitlam Campus. Hours of work: up to a maximum of 20 hours/week. The work terms for this position are:
1. Fall 2023: September 5, 2023 - December 17, 2023
2. Winter 2024: January 3, 2024 - April 24, 2024
3. Summer 2024: May 6, 2024 - August 18, 2024
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Campus Tour Leaders organize and deliver engaging campus tours for prospective students on behalf of the Future Students' Office and Douglas College. Acting as the first contact for prospective students, Campus Tour leaders will be professional, positive and supportive. They will lead prospective students and their guests around campus to showcase the benefits of attending Douglas College.Responsibilities
-Assists in the planning and implementation of campus tours for prospective students and their guests.
-Coordinates supplies and facility bookings where needed.
-Responds to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries related to campus tour planning.
-Welcomes and checks in tour attendees and their guests when they arrive on campus.
-Leads groups of 1-30 tour attendees around campus to showcase the values, services and benefits of Douglas College.
-Answers general questions about the student experience at Douglas College and services offered on campus.
-Brings prospective students to post-tour advising led by Student Recruiter Advisors.
-Completes post-tour surveys to assess quality, participation and to collect data.
-Assists with other tasks as needed .
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
- Strong public speaking skills and willingness to engage 15-30 tour attendees.
- Confidence in supporting diverse groups and engaging appropriately.
- Welcoming and positive attitude to all guests on campus.
- Ability to carry out tasks related to campus tours with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Knowledge of all Douglas College resources and services for students.
- Volunteer experience as a Student Ambassador is an asset Domestic students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College throughout the work term; OR
2. The domestic student must have been enrolled in, and maintained, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College in the term immediately preceding the work term and has indicated an intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term; OR
3. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain a minimum of two or more (3 credit) courses at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C. throughout the work term; OR
4. The domestic student must have been enrolled in, and maintained, a minimum of two or more (3 credit) courses at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C. in the term immediately preceding the work term and has indicated an intention to enroll at the institution in the term immediately following the work term.International students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The international student is enrolled in full-time studies at Douglas College, throughout the academic year; OR
2. The international student, who is not a Douglas College student, but is an international student at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C., has a valid Study Permit that has the notation - "May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186 (F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria." Proof of enrollment in full-time studies from the other post-secondary institution is required.
An original copy of a Social Insurance Number ( SIN ) and an original Study Permit are required by law before commencing work at Douglas College.
Qualified Douglas College students meeting the above criteria will be given first preference over students of other qualifying institutions.
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 08/10/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/11196