An established manufacturer of cabinets for high end residential projects is seeking an experienced Cabinet Design Lead to join a recently expanded production operation.
We are looking for a team player who will uphold our excellent reputation for design, service and quality while keep our major projects organized and on budget. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take their career to the next level with a leader in the cabinet industry.
- Reviewing architectural drawings/take offs, produce submittal and production drawings using Cabinet Vision, insure time lines are met and work with production and project management staff to meet customer requirements
- Consult with Project Manager on project design, materials, and engineering requirements and recommend engineered solutions, coordinate closely with the shop regarding manufacturing of product
- Prepare drawings for all cabinet products and purchased items, produce cutting bills and CNC programming as needed for all parts required, examine drawings for conformity and errors
- Prepare work orders, stock requisitions for purchasing, and bill of materials for ERP system
- In consultation with Operations, investigate change orders and resolve issues, update all drawings used in product development, construction and installation as changes occur
- Build a customer-focused culture that delivers high customer satisfaction and brand value through high quality, aesthetically pleasing product, delivered on time, with great communication
- Use Cabinet Vision to operate & integrate many different types of CNC equipment including routers, beam saws, and point to point machines
- Integrate Cabinet Vision software to optimize manufacturing production, service and install
- Streamline processes and help produce a higher quality of products at greater efficiencies,
- ensure quality and timely completion of project assignments while meeting cost targets
- Source materials and prepare purchase orders for the required materials for projects and inventory, record received materials and allocate to projects and maintain inventory of stock materials
- Must have 3-5 years of relevant production, installation and design experience in a cabinetry or millwork manufacturing operation
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Cabinet Vision developing both submittal and shop/production drawings; demonstrate advanced proficiency with Cabinet Vision programming
- Ability to provide leadership and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team through excellent communication, creativity, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of cabinet/millwork processes and materials (i.e. sheet goods and hardware)
- CNC experience preferred
- Will consider candidates with advanced AutoCAD experience
- Ability to thrive in a performance-driven, fast-moving organization with an excellent attention to detail are essential requirements
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated team player with a professional attitude
- Ability to manage complex projects thru effective scheduling, execution, and communication
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of common casework and millwork construction materials, laminating techniques, tools and machines
This is a key technical position requiring a full breadth of design, production, installation, logistical and leadership skills. It is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to advance their career with a company that is well established with a reputation for excellence.
We offer competitive wages, good benefits and an opportunity to grow in a supportive work environment.
If this position suits your qualifications and interests please apply with a current resume outlining your capabilities. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. Phone, online and live interviews (fully spread out in a spacious area to maintain safety) are ongoing until the position is filled. Please ensure that your contact information is up to date and complete so that we can contact you directly to schedule an interview. Resumes, and all interviews, are held in confidence.
Out of Province Applications:
Applicants applying from outside the province of BC are encouraged and will be considered but applicants MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Relocation assistance may be available based on individual circumstances.
Construction, Mining and Trades Manufacturing and Production