Job Description: C++ Software Developer, Devices
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers. Responsibilities include:
- Design and implement sophisticated scalable multi-threaded Object Oriented Software in C++ for solving challenging problems involving high speed data processing and networking
- Design advanced software modules that follow modern C++ design patterns
- Actively participate in all stages of the development process – from brainstorming to coding and bug fixing
- Evaluate and utilize the latest concepts and technologies
- Design, implement, maintain, and debug new software for new and existing products;
- Review code of peers for adherence to coding standards and design guidelines
- Ensure that the Company’s software is robust, maintainable, understandable, and extensible.
Perks & Benefits:
- Advanced knowledge of OOP & C++ design and programming
- Strong software design, development and programming skills
- Experience designing and implementing concurrent, networked, and high data throughput systems
- Experience with scripting languages, build systems, and version control systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience writing real-time applications for Linux
- Experience with both C++ 11 and Boost are an asset
- Self-motivated, with the ability to learn quickly and independently, and also work within a team
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline;
- 3+ years of experience in a software development roles
- Knowledge of digital imaging/photography and audio/video coding are an asset.
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
Perks at our Yaletown office include an outdoor basketball court and full service indoor gym, as well as excellent proximity to public transportation.