C NURSE 7 - CYMH Clinician Position Classification
Nurse 7 (C) Union
BCN Work Options
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
White Rock, BC V4B 4M2 CASalary Range
$71,376.41- $93,685.11 annually Close Date
11/30/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Child and Youth Mental Health Job Summary Be a part of a dedicated team who is passionate about achieving our vision of an inclusive and supportive community where children, youth and their families thrive
An integral member of a multi-disciplinary Community Mental Health Team and in coordination with other community agencies and professionals, you provide a range of mental health services to children, youth and their families, when the child or youth is suffering from serious emotional, psychological, behavioral or psychiatric illness.
As a Child and Youth Mental Health (CYMH) Clinician, you provide direct clinical services such as intake, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and crisis intervention for children, youth and their families. Consulting with community agencies, schools, hospitals, and other ministry programs, you understand the importance of being involved in community education, development, coordination and prevention/early intervention programs. You build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders in the community to ensure that conflicts are resolved and appropriate outcomes are achieved.If you are ready to embark on a new career opportunity - please consider this rewarding career with the BC Public Service!Job Requirements:
- Registered or eligible for immediate registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM), with a Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- NOTE:If your degree was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a basic report by the closing date of this posting to be considered.
- Minimum of one (1) year full-time equivalent experience working with children and youth and their families, with responsibility for providing a wide range of community based mental health services.
- Must possess and maintain a valid class 5 BC Driver's license with no restriction or equivalent (i.e. from another Canadian Province).
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Two (2) years or more experience working with children and youth and their families, with responsibility for providing a wide range of community based mental health services .
- Applicants who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) with the required combination of education and experience.
Please refer to the Job Profile for the full list of willingness requirements.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Terrence.Cardle@gov.bc.ca About this Position:
There are two (2) positions available in White Rock: one (1) regular full time and one (1) regular part time (0.5 FTE, 35 hours biweekly).
These positions are also posted as a SPO MH 24 under Req 107235
Flexible work options are available; these positions may be able to work up to one (1) day at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies in Surrey and White Rock.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a basic questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
The Hospital And Community (Health Care And Other Services) Covid-19 Vaccination Status Information And Preventive Measures Public Health Order defines vaccination requirements in health care locations and where public service staff interact with certain heath care locations. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required for positions that fall under this Public Health Order. Applicants with questions about vaccination requirements for specific positions should reach out to the hiring manager identified in the job posting.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Health Services, Social Services