As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021. Do you have strong business acumen and strategic sourcing experience running the RFx process (RFP's,RFI's and RFx)? Join a team focused on making a difference: help us improve our supply chain efficiency and decrease our costs, so we can use those funds to provide better health care.
What you'll do
What you bring
- Prepare specifications, conditions and legal binding documents for the formal tendering of equipment, supplies and services. Solicit and analyze vendor quotes for price, quality and conformity to specifications. Negotiate supply and service contracts and/or place purchase orders.
- Monitor compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Monitor delivery dates, resolve shipping problems, expedite late deliveries, respond to inquiries and complaints, investigate order discrepancies, review backorders, adjust prices, arranging for credit, return or exchange as appropriate and mediate disputes.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis for alternative systems and products. Research and maintain current commodity knowledge for sources of supply locally, domestically and internationally; economic trends; environmental issues; laws; currency exchanges; technology and areas of standardization and industry development.
- Participate in department meetings and committees, including arranging meetings, circulating notices and agendas, recording and distributing notes and/or minutes of meetings.
What we bring
- Grade twelve (12) graduation, recognized purchasing courses and five (5) years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment (Microsoft Office).
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
1795 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby BC V5C 6E3
Hours of Work:
108654E What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.