In National Learning and Development (NLD), we are committed to enhancing our customer experience by powering continuous learning and growth for our most valuable resource, our TELUS team. Our Converged Technology Professional (CTP) program is revolutionizing technician learning and certification at TELUS. Together in 2014 we have been recognized by CSTD and Brandon Hall with 7 awards including Gold for Best Learning Team.
We are looking for a passionate intermediate software developer, preferably with experience in LMS development. You will grow and maintain our suite of applications covering field technician learning and sales. You will work with the .NET platform in a Windows environment and have direct access to your clients and users. The ideal candidate would be a fast-paced learner, creative thinker, and open to new technologies and opportunities. Your role on the team will to design, develop, test and support our in-house applications. Responsibilities:
• Build front-end web applications (web and mobile) and support back-end databases using .NET, Bootstrap, and SQL Server Qualifications: Required Knowledge:
• Maintain existing Classic ASP applications
• Document project code and technical processes through existing standards
• Suggest improvements in existing code to make a better software experience for our customers
• Liaise across TELUS teams, throughout the enterprise and external partners to design, build, and manage Web based applications using an Agile based methodology
• Lead the development strategy based on business unit needs in support of our programs and roadmaps
• Participate in requirements analysis, researching and introducing new technologies, system architecture, and software development
• Design, implement and maintain data structures and stored procedures in a SQL database
• Provide mentoring and coaching to team members within and across group
• Intermediate ASP.NET MVC C# Required Skills & Abilities:
• Intermediate ASP.NET WebForms VB
• Intermediate SQL Server T-SQL
• Understanding of responsive web design
• Database design and development (Microsoft SQL Server)
• Experience maintaining Windows servers (2008R2 a plus)
• Experience with version control software for software development (Git a plus)
• Experience with issue tracking software for software development (Jira a plus)
• Able to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people
• Organized and experienced at successfully multi-tasking
• Experience using SSIS for Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2 databases a plus Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Experience with Agile development and project management methodologies
• Experience with Twitter Bootstrap UI toolkit
• Experience with release software engineering a plus
• Experience with Google Work suite (Google site, sheet, doc etc.) a plus
• Basic familiarity with SharePoint environment
• Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent experience Required Experience:
• 3-6 years equivalent experience Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values
and delivering on our Customers First commitments
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.