Provides cost effective business systems and applications analysis in support of the development and/or implementation of business applications. Includes evaluation, analysis, documentation of functional requirements, translation into proper system requirement specifications and configuration. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both end-user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems, applications, and industry requirements. Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives. Operates as a liaison between technical personnel and the end-users. Teaches end users new technology and enhancements using all appropriate communication tools. Key Responsibilities:
• Manages projects with oversight from their supervisor.
• Defines overall application functional / business requirements with end users.
• Recommends solutions, modifications, configurations, and processes.
• Implements, designs and / or upgrades applications.
• Creates test plans for projects.
• Analyzes model test discrepancies to find trends and works with programmers to resolve.
• Establishes cost and time estimates for development and implementation of projects.
• Produces business process flow charts, communication, presentations, and other materials for knowledge transfer to leadership.
• Evaluates user requirements for one or more specialized business applications and translates those needs into defined user assessment plans or specifications used in determining end-user business or technical needs.
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
• Acts a team leader for projects with moderate budgets or of a short to intermediate duration.
• Mentors less experienced team members.
• Gather requirements from stakeholders using appropriate elicitation techniques.
• Model requirements and scenarios for functional and non-functional.
• Build use cases and help define test cases.
• Understand and facilitate stakeholders' engagement.
• Define and document Solution Specifications Qualifications:
• 5-7 years relevant experience as a business analyst including translating between non-technical business users and technical IT resources
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Has worked on projects using both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
• 2 years experience in drafting and delivering presentations
• 1 year of experience facilitating meetings and building consensus among stakeholders
• 1 year of experience identifying and evaluating IT and business challenges from a broad perspective
• 1 year of experience in health care
• Exposure and/or education in system development methodology, project management, and system architecture Preferred:
• CBAP certified from IIBA
• Experience in the insurance industry, specifically with claims processing
• Experience in client service and leadership roles Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Project Manager, Technology
Administrative Banking, Finance and Insurance